chapter forty two

SPENCER'S POV

Morgan and Ali came back an hour or two later. With the Unsub, Toby Dunstone, in handcuffs. He kissed his teeth, as they both dragged him in to the station and into an interrogation room. I walked over to Ali, placing a small kiss on her cheek

"Are you sure he's the one?"

She nodded

"Yep. I'm positive, who's questioning?"

I brushed my fingers against a file I had in my hands

"Me. Do you wanna come with?"

She thought for a moment

"No, I'm ok. It's probably better if he talks directly to a guy and since I arrested him not too long ago, I don't think I'm his best friend right now."

I chuckled, that put a smile on her face. She continued

"I'll probably let Ellie know."

I nodded. Walking into the interrogation room, I saw him sat there. His head buried in his hands that were still handcuffed. His eyes were red raw, puffy and bloodshot. Lack of sleep and emotional. He's lost someone recently. He had cuts on his hands and wrist, self harming cuts. I cleared my throat

"Toby. I'm Doctor Spencer Reid. I want to talk to you about the recent gang related murders going on."

He shrugged, facing to the window. I wanted to show my bad cop, I'd never really shown my bad cop side but he was emotional, he'd react to the anger. I slammed my hand on the table

"You do NOT get to shrug in my face!! I know you did this. So you have two options here, you can either confess to the murders now or you can go to court and plea your innocence but either way, you will end up in prison whatever option you take."

A small tear rolled down his cheek, he let out a sorrowful sigh. He started to relax his body as well as his facial expression. He took a deep breath and began speaking

"A year ago, I was walking through the streets of my beloved New York City with the most gorgeous girl. She was the one, blonde, blue eyes, perfect figure and I felt like the luckiest man alive. We had been dating for roughly two years and it had been heaven. We were walking down the street we met when I got on one knee and asked her to marry me, I didn't have a ring at the time but I promised my comics were gonna sell to thousands and I'd buy her a ring as soon as I had the money. Before she could answer, this gang walked towards us. It was a group of five or so. They were tall, dark and trouble. They made her say yes to me and was starting to aggravate us. I didn't want any harm but they had other plans."

He tried to choke back his sobs

"They took her, Leila, she was kicking and screaming. I tried to stop them but the others held me up and beat me. They took her to a corner of the alleyway and they."

He took a second to wipe the tears away

"They raped her. She kept screaming 'no' but they wouldn't stop. But when it happened, the leader held my head and made me watch. He made me watch my girlfriend be raped by another man. It made me sick, how could someone be so sick? After he finished, he stabbed her and watched her bleed out. I was left in that alleyway alone. I was just holding her dead body, calling for help. Screaming but no one helped. I have no remorse for my actions, I think they deserved it."

I sighed, a small tear was in my eye. It sounded too familiar. My mind played flashbacks to the barn, the way he thrusted himself inside her and made me watch. It made me throw up inside my mouth just thinking about it. Tears filled my eyes. Toby just looked at me

"Doctor?"

I wiped the tears away

"I don't know what to say really. I get it, I understand what your going through."

He went to interrupt me but I spoke over him

"Trust me, I do. I'm a happily married man, my wife works with me. She the best female agent I've ever met, and the most beautiful one. I saw here on day one and I just knew. Once, me and her were undercover and a man from her past kidnapped the both of us. He tied us up and beat the both of us. And he. He raped my wife, in front of me. And he made me watch. Ever since that day, my mind has been burnt with that horrific imagine. So I do understand what it's like, sure we've had some ups and downs but I'm lucky to have her still, I understand that was also taken from you but this wasn't the right revenge. I understand that you felt the need to do it, I wanted to kill any man that ever set eyes on my wife again. Including some of my team, but I didn't act against it because I knew the consequences. I get you, killing is not your nature. I will help you. If you plea guilty, then I will promise to get you the help you deserve in prison. So will you?"

He rubbed his puffy eyes, nodding. I got up from the seat at the table, tucking it in behind me and walked out. I saw Hotch and Morgan stood there, Morgan was silently crying and Hotch had a tear in his eye. They never knew, no one knew that story apart from Emily. Gideon didn't even know.

"He confessed. He's all yours."

I went to walk out but Hotch grabbed my arm, pulling me into a hug. I was concerned and confused. Hotch never hugs anyone

"Reid, I'm sorry. No one knew. But Alena heard you while you were talking, she came in here and walked out before you finished speaking. Please, dismiss your duties and check on her."

I walked out, spotting Alena in the conference room starring out the window. I gently knocked on the door and she turned around

"Hey."

My hand was on the back of my neck, she cracked a small smile

"Hey handsome."

I could tell she had been crying, I didn't want to bring it up as this could've gone two steps backwards but I had to

"I'm sorry love, I didn't want to tell your story but I didn't know what else to do, how to get to him."

She walked over to me, wrapping her smooth arms around my neck.

"It's ok Spence, honestly. It just made me think, he's still out there. In jail or where ever. But he's still ruining our lives, how is that possible?"

I sighed, lowering my eyesight to the floor

"I'm sorry, he'll never come anywhere near you again. I promise."

She let out a small smile, kissing me. A small knock on the door interrupted the kiss, it was Ellie

"Hey, oh. Sorry didn't realise I was interrupting."

Alena giggled.

"No, it's fine. Is everything ok?"

Alena asked, Ellie continued

"Yeah, everything's ok. I'm gonna head off as I have a meet and greet in a few short hours but it was so lovely to see you Alena."

She tightly hugged Alena, smiling radiantly. She then turned to me

"It was lovely to see you too Spencer."

She also hugged me, the hug she gave me didn't last that long. I complimented

"Well thank you for your useful information. It obviously really helped. So thank you."

She smiled

"Happy to help. And Spencer, take care of my girl."

I wrapped my arms around her waist, resting my head on her shoulder

"I'll guard her with my life."

Ellie walked out, waving goodbye beforehand. Everyone packed their things, bidding goodbyes to the NYPD officers and got on the Jet. Heading home.

A/N

HAVE A LOVELY DAY AND REMEMBER, YOU ARE BEAUTIFUL SO EMBRACE IT HONEYY 😘😘