SATURDAY, JANUARY 3, 2015

Dear Journal,

I FEEL LIKE ABSOLUTE SHIT.

I am never getting drunk again. I threw up all throughout yesterday. I had called off work and had Dan write down what the hell happened while I was drunk since I couldn't remember a dam thing. I read over his entry. And I don't know what to think. DID HE REALIZE THAT I COULD READ EVERYTHING HE SAID?!

I fell asleep last night after eating a small bowl of fruit salad that Dan made me. I woke up to Dan playing with my hair. When did he get there? Was he there when I went to sleep? I was about to ask what he was doing when I realized he was still asleep. He was unconsciously cuddling with me while playing with my disaster of a head of hair.

I slowly got untangled myself from his arms, standing up and instantly getting nauseous. I ran to the bathroom and threw up for the first and last time today. I flushed the toilet and brushed my teeth. I walked out of the bathroom, running into Dan in the hallway. Literally. I fell flat on my ass.

"Sorry!" he whisper/yelled. Phil must still be asleep. "Are you okay?"

"Yeah," I responded. Or at least attempted. No words came out of my mouth. I must've lost my voice. Dan looked at me with a very confused face. I nodded and he helped me up off the ground.

"Did you lose your voice?" I nodded. "That sucks. Are you hungry?" I nodded. "What do you want me to make for breakfast?" I glared at him.

"Why is she glaring at you?" Phil asked tired as he approached us.

"I don't know. I think it's because I asked her a question that doesn't have an answer of yes or no." Phil tilted his head like a confused dog.

"She lost her voice," Dan explained. Phil nodded his head in understanding.

"Maybe we should go get breakfast at Ambrosia & Nectar," Phil suggested. I nodded enthusiastically.

After getting ready for the day, we traveled to the coffee shop. It had snowed overnight, leaving a two inch layer of frosty white powder over everything. The wind blew fast and hard, making me move a little to the side, stinging my neck with the cold. I should've worn a scarf. I shivered slightly as I powered through the unsalted pavement. Dan, noticing my discomfort, wrapped his arm around my shoulders, pulling me into his warm body. I blushed madly for about seven minutes before we finally reached the coffee shop. I separated from the two boys as they went to our usual spot and I went to get our drinks.

Leigh was working the register yet again. It seemed he was always working when I went there. I took a sip of my coffee as I went to pay, clearing my throat in the process.

"The usual please," I said in a raspy voice. Leigh looked at me worriedly as he put three banana creme muffins in a paper bag. I handed him both my card and the money for the muffins.

"You okay?" Leigh asked me.

"I kinda lost my voice," I said in the same crackling voice as before.

"Oh. Well you shouldn't strain your voice. Here's a notepad and pen. Do me a favour and not hurt yourself. Further." I blushed and accepted the notepad and pen, along with my card and change. I nodded in thanks and went back to the table with our drinks and muffins.

"What's with the notepad?" Dan asked. Phil hit him on the back of the head.

"It's obviously the thing she's going to use to communicate," he explained as Dan rubbed the back of his head. I nodded and Phil smiled triumphantly, taking his drink from the place I put it on the table. Dan stopped treating his injured head and grabbed his drink and muffin. I did the same, pulling out my phone as I did so. I scrolled through my Tumblr not noticing Dan peeking over shoulder until he said: