Chapter 20:My End

Danielle's POV

It was very dark. I couldn't see a thing in here until the lights turned on and then I screamed...

Jake's POV

I'm going to lose my mind if I don't get out of here soon. I need to make sure Danielle is ok I don't care...

My thoughts disappeared when I heard footsteps coming down the stairs. My brother and I looked at each other and then at the stairs.

Yasameen came down first and then Diana and my brother got up smiling.

"You guys are ok" he said still smiling.

Before they could answer I asked the more important questions "how you guys find us? Where's Danielle?"

"It wasn't easy lucky we ran into TN and found the way from the kitchen. TN is looking for Danielle right now I'm sure they are still talking that's what they were doing when we left"

Right as she said that we heard footsteps again coming down the stairs.

TN came running to us "I thought y'all would have gotten them out already geez" she handed them the key from her pocket and we all stared at her.

"What? I found the key on a guy I took out your welcome"

"And what about Danielle" I said as Yasameen opened the door.

"She's gone when I got there she was being taken away"

When I stepped out of the cell I asked "which way"

"The guard took her to the right why?"

"They brought her where her family is, why?" Lucas said. But I think I already know why but I hope I'm wrong.

"We need to get to her fast come on" I said rushing up the stairs trying to save her one last time...

Danielle's POV

I scream...I screamed like I did when I saw my mother on the floor in a pool of blood but instead of my mother it's my father...

"D-dad..." my voice breaks as I kneel next to him silently crying...

"He was a waste. Didn't see the future how I see it" I turned my head to the voice that I know so well and I want to scream again but I can't I'm frozen in place kneeling next to my father.

"The question is do you?" Sam said.

"How could you do this he was our father" I stood up facing him. I'm not running anymore from my demons.

he chuckles "no see Danielle that's where your wrong he's not your father. Your father died long time ago...now answer my question" he lifted the gun in his hand.

Not my father? My own mother lied to me? Why?

"Why didn't she tell me? WHY DIDN'T YOU" I started to scream gaining my voice back and the courage.

"Pity I thought you would have learned by now that you can't trust anyone. I had to kill him just like I have to kill you only I'll probably enjoy killing you more. Emotions are a weird thing and I hate them but he told me he could fix that"

I laughed "and you believe him? He's just brainwashing you to do his dirty work. He doesn't care about you...he doesn't even care about his own sons how could he care for you?"

"You just don't understand this is business nothing personal. Like a trade in a way I give y'all up and then kill you both and then after he helps me get the surgery again no more emotions"

"You're just going to be a mindless person taking his control. We can still win, we can both walk away from this" I was angry and upset but that didn't mean I didn't love my brother even if he was trying to kill me.

"NO, why couldn't you just stay in prison huh? Everything was better when you were in prison. I just keep telling myself that you were dead. None of this would have happened if you'd just stay in prison"

" your delusional"

"I might be but time's up" everything went so fast. He lifted the gun and shot me leaving me in this room to die. I chock on the blood coming from my mouth and fall to the ground holding my chest. My vision is getting blurry and I don't know what to do. I try to get up but I can't I drag myself to the door as my vision gets blurrier. I don't feel pain though.

I feel slightly calm am I dying? Is this how it ends? I'm still trying to turn the doorknob is life really worth it though?

Would anyone even care? I'm drifting away and this time I let myself...

Jake's POV

We run up the stars and go to the throne room but he's gone. Doesn't matter there are more important things. We go through the corridor and head up the stairs. Once we get there I see that the door handle is shaking a little bit and then it stops. I run to the door and open it to see Danielle fall to the floor. I get her in my arms noticing the blood.

I'm crying now as I hold her in my arms begging her to hold on...I yell for someone to help her as I apply pressure...there is so much blood. I want to scream.

"Please...please Danielle I love you" I say as I put my head on her's. I feel someone pulling me away but I don't have the strength to fight them. I realize it's Marc pulling me away and I see three people tending to Danielle.

I drop to my knees after I push him away and all I see is darkness after...