Chapter 16

Bakugo POV

I was about to chase after her into the house but Arthur stopped me. “Let me go-” I started to yell at him.

“Let her be for a few minutes come with me.” he said and started to walk up to one of the neighbors house. 

I follow slowly behind him. When I got to the door a man that seemed to be in his thirties answered the door.

“Yes?” He looks at us both and was super confused.

“Hey, we’re sorry to bother you, but we were wondering if you knew where the family that lived there went?” Arthur asks and points to the house that Alex ran into.

“And why would I tell you?” he looks at us skeptically.

“The man that lived here was my older brother. This is his nephew.” Arthur explained. I did a small wave of acknowledgement. “I was just on my way home from the service when I got the message about Alex. They never told me they moved.”

“Damn… I’m sorry to hear that. Well I have their new address written down. I’ve been sending them their mail.” he told us and went back inside quickly to get the new address.

“Thank you so much sir.” Arthur thanked him and started to walk away.

“Thank you!” I waved bye and followed Arthur.

“You guys have a great day, sorry they weren't here. Stay safe!” he called out before closing the door.

After he closed the door I bolted to Alex's old house and stood in the main room, I heard her yell.

“MOM! DAD!”
There was no answer. I knew there wouldn't be one… she ran back into the room I was in, she didn't see me. She looks down the other hallway.

“Alex?” I whisper to her.

She looked at me for a second, she looked so broken, she ignores me and ran down the hall she just looked down. I let her go and I went down the hall she was just down.

It was the kitchen and there was a room to the left, the walls were covered with graffiti. It was a mess. I walk into the room and look at all the different messages. They were so rude and vulgar. Some were saying ‘Alex is just an attention whore’ or  ‘PIG’ and so many others that were just plain wrong… I hope she didn't read them… I go to leave the room but I see a mirror and a work board on the wall behind the door, on the board was a note.

I wanted to read the note and not worry about the mirror but I looked completely different, “What the hell…” I touch my face and move it around, “I even feel different. “What the fuck!? What is this?” I pull at my shirt and just stare at my reflection for a second…. “I look so weird.” I eventually look away and focus on the note.

‘Alex,

        I highly doubt your gonna see this but I miss you. Like a lot and I really hope you aren't really dead… Like shit you're my best friend you can't be gone. We have so many more memories to make… they don't know if you committed suicide or if you were killed.

We honestly think someone killed you but the police say otherwise. I think it was Tyler…. I know your secret Alex… and I’m pissed you didn't tell me. I even showed the police and your parents but they think I wrote it to try and make them continue the search. But just know I believe you and I hope you are safe! Please if you see this. Come find me.       

Your best friend. Lucy.’

‘What!? Who the fuck is Tyler!? And why didn't her parents believe-’