Chapter 7

As Anna and her friends neared the hot springs inhabited by the mystical trolls of lore, the air began to thin. Their was a light coating of snow on the ground, even in spring their was usually snow this far north. Kristoff knew the area well, and guided them safely forward. "We're almost there. Keep your eyes peeled. I don't want any trouble." Kristoff warned. "Are you sure? This place doesn't seem familiar." Anna whispered. The sun had begun it's decent by the time they reached the safety of the troll's territory. They dismounted their animals, and tied them to some jagged rocks. Kristoff took the lead as they continued on foot to the center of the Rocky knoll where Pabbie resided. As usual the trolls were disguised as rocks to deceive any would be traveler. Anna looked confused. "Ooh it's the love experts! I love these guys!" Olaf exclaimed. He ran over to the nearest boulder and gave it a big hug. "Umm Olaf... That's just a rock." Kristoff said, amused. "I don't understand what's happening. Where is your family Kristopher. What's with all the rocks?" Anna had a sense of deja Vu. Kristoff turned to her irritated. "Didn't I tell you never to call me that, it's Kristoff! Krist- Off!" "Geez, sorry are you always this irritable." Anna crossed her arms defensively. "Anna are you okay you're acting strange." Kristoff softened his tone, concerned. Just then the trolls sprang to life. "Our Kristoff is home!" They sang in unison. The trolls rolled around swarming Kristoff. "Alright already, it's good to see you too. Where is Pabbie? This is an emergency." Anna jumped at the site of the trolls. They were not frightening, but she had never seen anything like this before, or had she? She let out a little yelp, then ran and hid behind Sven. "There is strange magic here." The crowd of trolls broke down the middle as their chief Pabbie came rolling through. He bypassed Kristoff and rolled straight over to Anna.  "Do not be afraid child. Tell me what you remember." Reluctantly Anna replied, "I- I need to save my sister. She's in trouble. Who are you? Can you help me?" "I cannot reverse that which has been done to you my child. Your memory is fleeting. Soon you won't remember your own name. I'm afraid your only hope is to find the person who did this to you." Anna focused on the elder trolls expression. He seemed to have a grim look on his face. "Whoever did this to you is sure to be at the North mountain. There is an ancient presence there. A magic greater than that of any being I have ever known. It may be that the sorcerer has Elsa captive. Her ice magic would be of great use to any seeking that kind of power." Anna blinked, trying her hardest to remember every word. Was her memory really fading away slowly? She could remember Arendelle, and her love of chocolate. Her parents... But she couldn't seem to recall their names. What happened to them again? It didn't matter. Time was even more essential now. She knew she had to save Elsa, and stop her captor. She burned that thought into her head so intensely as to give herself a head ache. "I'm sorry Anna. I truly am, best of luck to you." Pabbie furrowed his bushy lichen brows and turned to Kristoff, who stood behind him bewildered. "There is no time to waste. Take what we can offer you and go to the North mountain. I'm not sure how much time we have left." And with that Pabbie retired back where he came. "Come with me, Anna, we have to get you to the North mountain. This is really serious." Anna winced. Her head was pounding now. She tried to stay focused. "Okay, which way again?" Kristoff grabbed Anna's hand and pointed it to the North star. It was the only star that shined bright enough to see while there was still a faint light from the sun. "Remember. That's the brightest star in the sky. That's the North star, let it be your guide." Say it Sven, "That's the brightest star in the sky, that's the North star, let it be your guide." Kristoff said in his Sven voice as Sven acted out the role of speaker.  Anna smiled. "Well we better get to it then! Every second counts on a rescue mission." Even though Anna's memory was fading she knew she had to save Elsa. She may lose all her memories in the process, but she wouldn't let that stop her from getting her sister back.