14. Caged Dove

╔══════════════╗

"You gave me hope and set me free."

╚══════════════╝

══════════════

"How?"

She looked down at his question.

Exactly how.

Her hand went underneath her chin, thinking of every possible way of how a healthy person could suffer a heart attack. With Neji sitting beside her and both of them watching the fight on the arena, she answered.

"Myocardial infarction." She replied.

It's a shame really.

Her, one of the greatest Medic ninja died of something as simple as a heart attack.

Simple might not be the word if she died on it.

"A," Neji asked, making a face at her, "Heart attack? You?"

Sakura nodded, "I don't think it was a simple one, though. Not the usual one, I mean."

She looked down, speculating the fight between her little brother and her new friend.

"So?" Neji asked and she sighed, explaining to the genius how she ended up dying. "The tenketsu around my heart exploded."

He would know what she meant because obviously, the boy was from a clan that could see far within a person's body.

The byakugan, (白眼) also known as White Eyes and All Seeing White Eyes.

Its ability to see chakra is acute enough to see the chakra pathway system within a target's body and the 361 tenketsu that run along it.

The Byakugan can see chakra to a greater degree than the Sharingan.

Dōjutsu, while useful, can be extremely dangerous to a person's body.

Mangekyou Sharingan, its abilities and powers might be great but the fact that your eyesight is slowly deteriorating and would cause blindness means that with every power comes with great responsibility.

Individuals with Byakugan have a near-360º field of vision around themselves, save for a small blindspot at the back of the neck above the first thoracic vertebra.

The Byakugan's vision can penetrate almost any object, allowing users to see through walls, peer underground, or even examine the contents of a person's body.

Amazing, isn't it?

Neji stopped, "That's," He looked at his hands, "A shame, really."

They stayed in their silence, enjoying their few moments of peace, the boy thinking of his past and the girl of her mistakes.