27. Not Kind

══════════════

『"The world is not kind, and often fools, cowards, liars, and the selfish hide in high places." 』

══════════════

══════════════

"Kaguya Otsutsuki." He clarifies, and Sakura sees the face of a child. A face full of baby fats pale, his whole body unmoving and peaceful. Like an... Angel. Perhaps that is not the correct term, if Sakura were to pick again, she would call the corpse a "fairy."

From the long lashes to the big innocent eyes that shows emotion, he's alive and well, not an unmoving corpse. Sakura who was a member of an organization that exists for one sole thing — to protect the Leaf village — thinks he is a fairy. Nevermind that her hair is pink or her eyes are green like emeralds, the boy in front of him looks more of a fairy than her. Sakura knew him better by the name of— "She is..."

"A goddess," Neji says, flicking a strand of hair away from his face. His face is grim, pale like his eyes. On his hand was a bag of chips, a big bag that he clutched his hand into. "A tyrant rabbit Goddess."

The surprise that flashes in the eyes of the curly-haired Uchiha was noticeable, yet none commented about it. "You know about... her?"

"Kaguya Otsutsuki," Firmly, Sakura lays her hand to the table. Inside, she is a mess. Her thoughts were neverending, but there was one thing inside her mind. "We've fought her."

The silent surprise was there, but Shisui didn't say anything. In fact, he looked at them with silent wonder. "How?"

To the three of them listening, it was easy to know what he was aking. How. How were they able to defeat a Goddess? How can they survive? Just plain how.

"By us," Neji continues after her, still looking at the three people sitting around with his white eyes. "She meant we as in the whole shinobi world."

"The whole..." Shisui takes a breath, his eyes closed. He opens them, a complicated emotion rising inside him. "Nation?"

And by the whole shinobi world, they must mean just Konoha and her allies... right?

"Mn." Itachi hums to himself, it was gentle and pleasant to hear, but it held a heavy tone. Itachi can't remember all that happens to him in his life before, if he were to say something, he would say that between the people in the room, he was the weakest one. Not because he lacks strength, but because he lacks experience. His body moves like he knows what to do, but it was slower than what he is used to.

Or what his body is used to in fact.

"Please tell us what you know about the current Lady Kaguya," She murmurs, her eyes flickering from Shisui before flickering down. And for some reason, Shisui thinks that she wants to tell him something. Shisui blinks his eyes, one eye which can't see and is just glazed, and another hardening up.