21. Edgeshot

╔══════════════╗

"Shinobi rule number 32: Suicide is never an option."

╚══════════════╝

══════════════

Sakura was no stranger to insanity, she had brushed past it often enough in her work, curing and inducing it in unequal measures. Yet, it had never been something she had seriously applied when describing herself. As she grew older she became more aware that her folly lied in her capacity of self-deception, which had led her to love senselessly and dangerously. Her crush on Sasuke, or perhaps it would be more accurate to say her crush on the idea of Sasuke, had been far from sane. She regretted how she had allowed it to mutate her heart for so many years, but she could proudly say that she learned from it and grew pass it.

Sakura is a rational, level-headed and sensible person.

And yet, she felt something was slipping right now and she was almost falling - would certainly fall if she didn't grip something.

Sakura wasn't a shinobi major in terms of deep subterfuge and assassinations - she'd been more of a front-liner and med-nin, with experience in diplomacy and political handling as the Hokage's apprentice.

She took a deep breath, going inside the building, watching people slip in past her. Her eyes looked around, an instinct to look for every possible exits she can find. Her hand twitching in nervousness, she can't help it.

Sakura was in an unfamiliar place, as paranoid as a shinobi can get even in a peaceful environment, there's always this nagging feelings inside them about how things could go wrong. She wasn't actually wrong, members of Team 7 always did have that kind of luck.

She wonders if she can even call it luck.

"Excuse me," She asked the woman on the front desk, her hand occupied by her Hero costume. The woman glanced at her and Sakura smiled, tilting her head to look as weak as possible, "I'm Midoriya Sakura from Yūei-"

She almost said Haruno but managed to save herself in the right time. Her tongue burned from biting it too hard.

She was cut off by the woman, "Oh, Sakura? You can sit over the couch there, I'll notify Edgeshot that you're here."

Sakura nodded, her feet moving on its own as she sat down on the most comfiest couch she's even sat down. Her butt was even sinking down on it, her back felt like it touched a feather on how soft the couch was.

She wanted this couch but her mother would probably not want to throw the violet couch they had in their house.

She says it remind her of her sperm donor. The same guy she hasn't seen in all her life.