26. A Twist Of Fate

╔══════════════╗

"All it took is a leap through time, and a twist of Fate."

╚══════════════╝

══════════════

With every techniques she was taught by her teacher, techniques that heals life, Haruno Sakura was taught how to take a life. One technique to save lives for five techniques to take one.

To heal is to learn to kill; To give is to learn to take. To help is to learn to hinder.

That is what the meaning of a Ninja who specializes in medicines.

Her eyes were the strangest shade people around her had ever seen, not quite jade and not yet emerald, a mix of both perhaps? They could never decide. Not even the color of the eyes of her twin brother and mother - In all honesty, no one had seen who's the father of the twins are, he's a complete mystery - could match it.

Seeing the blank look appear on her eyes, the only thing Hyūga Neji - Or you can call him Mamoru Neji, but the name just sticks - could do is just quietly stand in the side.

Yesterday... was something he never wanted to remember.

Ever again.

Haruno Sakura is a force to be reckoned, but the worst thing that ever happened after being reborn, living again, given a second chance, metempsychosis, disambiguation, palingenesis - Just choose whatever you want to call it - is the fact that you should never ever mess with her twin brother.

Neji just got the short end of the stick, and fortunately for the two Uchihas', they can't see the trouble he had to endure.

They just needed some time for themselves. Yesterday went downhill. Two Uchiha. Not one, but two. One with short stack of memories from his past lives, who needed some activator to return his memories and one with his memories intact even as a fetus.

The former well-known, but the latter... Neji was not sure if he had heard of him.

Neji would be called as stoic, calm extremely serious, mature for his age and has great self-control by others.

But.

As he joined the ANBU with no one knowing, of course as a protection to his identity, he hadn't expected to see two of his underclassmen to be there.

If it weren't for the nonchalant vibe of the Nara heir and the pink hair of the green-eyed shinobi, he wouldn't believe that they were them.

They were different from what others said. Different from their mission and their social life.

"Senpai." They called him, but quite in the reality, the two were more experienced than him in terms of sabotaging and assassination.