I love you

I stared at him for a second before running into his arms. The sound of his heart beating made me feel safe. "Are you really doing this?" I whispered, my voice muffled into his chest.

"I'm sure I'll survive without a few bottles of blood y/n. And I know how much your father means to you, if somebody had stepped in 10 years ago to save my father, I would be over the moon" he whispered sadly.

I looked into his eyes, eyelashes glistening with tears. I couldn't stop the tears from rolling down my cheeks and I wrapped my arms around him.

"I love you"

He kissed my hand before following the doctor into another room, preparing to extract the blood from his arm. My mother came to join me, putting her arm around my shoulders.

"I like him y/n" she smiled at me and ruffled my hair. I probably looked a mess but I didn't care anymore. I sat on the hospital chairs and put my earphones into my ears. Putting on my favourite soft song, I let my head lean back into the stiffness of the chair and slowly drift off to sleep.

I dreamt of prom. Me and Jungkook swaying to the music, lost in each other's eyes, not caring that everybody was staring at us. I looked down and blushed. But as i looked up I was looking into somebody else's eyes. The same piercing eyes that I recognised from the many years of our friendship. Taehyung. He had his arms around my waist, before twirling me around into another mans arms. Who was this? I couldn't see his face. Everything around me was turning dark. I wasn't in the hall anymore. Jungkook and Taehyung were nowhere to be seen. I gagged at the stench of something disgusting. I turned around and froze, paralysed. The bodies of 2 girls in my class were there. Their throats had been sliced and the murder was cleaning his knife, muttering to himself. "Watch out y/n..."

Then I woke up. It was 3 pm, and my mother was sitting on the guest bed beside my father. Jungkook was sitting on the seat opposite me, sensing that I was awake and glanced up to meet my gaze. "Hey y/n, how did you sleep? I finished a while ago but didn't want to disturb you."

I was nauseous as I remembered the stench of rotting flesh from my dream, and ran to the bathroom, barely making it to the toilet.

"Whoa y/n, are you ok??" He was so concerned, I could hear it in his voice.

"I'm fine, it must have been the food I ate earlier" I said, putting on a reassuring smile to convince him.

But I couldn't forget the chilling voice of the murderer.