Chapter 7: Eugene Fitzherbert is Flynn Ryder

Eugene pov

I gripped the steering wheel tightly as we pulled into the hospital parking lot. Raps was trying to reassure me saying "Eugene it'll be okay. I promise" I sighed and say "I know sunshine, i'm just worried about triggering the kid alright"

"I know Eugene, but if you're tense it'll put Varian on edge, and he'll get triggered. Okay?"

"I Know."

"I'll be right there with you."

"I know"

"Okay let's go then. I've got the food let's go then" We got out of the car and i hesitated moving towards the hospital. Raps turned around and smiled at me holding her hand out to me. I take it and she leads me into the hospital and towards Varians room. Raps smiled at me and knocked on the door and his voice says "Come in"

Varian pov

I smiled down at my hands excited that I was finally healing, well physically at least, I'm still having a rough time mentally. I couldn't think about...him without having some form of panic attack. It's become annoying to deal with after the first few times. Cass had just left to get to work and I had been left alone for long periods of time. Sometimes it was comforting, other times it gave me too much time to reflect on what happened. I hated the silence. It was so overwhelming in its own way. A knock on the door pulled me from my thoughts and I said "Come in." I watched Raps walk in dragging someone in behind her. I panic a bit at first before relaxing knowing it was not my dad as raps introduced him.

"Varian i want you to meet my fiance eugene"

"Hi varian it's nice to meet you"

I stare at him with a look of surprise. He looks so familiar but why? Why does he look so familiar? Was he one of the guys dad brought to beat me, or wait didn't i see him on some wanted posters, right? It had to be him but she said his name is eugene. He looks so much like flynn Ryder. Finally i notice i'm staring and cough saying "Sorry you look really familiar for a second." He chuckles and says "It's okay you might have recognized me from my old alias, Flynn Ryder."

"No way you are oh my gosh, i'm gonna have a heart attack i swear i was your biggest fan ever"

"Really?"

"I had all of the books based upon you, and, and i had a whole costume as well!"

Raps pov

I watched the boys passionately talk about Eugene's old alias and I carefully placed the basket of food on the foot of the bed then I went to find my aunt Willow as I wished to discuss Varians condition, and what the best way is to help him heal from both physical and mental wounds. I knock on the door to her office and I hear her voice say "Come in!" cheerily. I walked into the room and she attacked me with a hug and said "Oh Rapunzel it's so nice to see you. I'm glad you decided to visit me. What brings you by today?"

"Well aunt willow i'm actually here to ask about varian, and what i can do to best help him heal while he's in my care."

"Ah, The abuse victim right?"

"Yes he's currently talking to eugene"

"Are they getting along?"

"Yeah, varian knew about the Flynn Ryder side of him"

"So they're talking about that, I'm glad they found common ground"

"Yes but that's not what we're here to talk about, I want to know how i can best help varian heal"

"Well the best i can tell you is time and make sure to keep him from things that could possibly trigger him, Have him take it easy, spend lots of time with him make sure he doesn't feel alone, and bring him back here for his checkup in a few weeks."

"Alright aunt willow i will thank you, it's going to be crazy while we're doing this isn't it?"

"Most likely, I wish you luck and you can always rely on me and your mom. You know that right?"

"Yes aunty, i'm going to go check up on the boys then make sure they're eating."

"Okay sweetie. it was nice seeing you" We separate ways with a hug and i vow at that moment that i'm going to make sure to keep varian safe no matter what.