Chapter 12: A loss, at a happy occasion

Raps pov

I paced around the small dressing room. The train of my dress dragging behind me. I tripped over it a few times. I'm nibbling on my finger tips trying to avoid biting my nails as cass speaks from beside me "Raps come on everything is going to be okay. You've been waiting for this day for forever. So take some deep breaths and relax. You'll be okay." Some how cass's words calm me down but, also made me gain more nerves. I say "I know, I know, i'm just scared that something will happen. But, okay i'm ready. Lets go, cause if we don't do it now I'm not going to be able to do this" cass give the signal to the pianist to start playing as everyone goes before me. Stepping out of the small room onto the aisle, I waited a few moments before looking up and seeing Eugene standing at the altar staring at me with wide eyes tears filling them. I start my way towards the altar smiling giddily. Once I reached the altar, Eugene took my hands and we smiled at each other and he mouthed "You look beautiful" and I smiled and mouthed back "And you're handsome." We stared at each other for a few moments before the priest got our attention and we started the ceremony.

Varian pov

Everyone in the room was in tears as eugene and raps kissed after taking their vows. I smiled happily at them after a bit and we all headed off to the reception party I had rudiger with me almost the entire time. Telling him to stay put I walked out of the, what I'm assuming is, a gymnasium and to the bathrooms needing to pee. Cass catches me on my way out and she says "Whoa buddy where are you going?"

"To the bathroom, i'll be fine cass i promise"

She gives me a kinda wary look but lets me leave anyway. As I wash my hands I look up into the mirror seeing my dad behind me in the reflection. I gasp and turn around not finding him there, letting out a sigh of relief. I walk out of the bathroom to get back to the party, kinda tugging at my collar. Half way there a hand covers my mouth and an arm wraps around me holding a little stick with a button on it in my line of sight.

"Hello son, Did you miss me?" i try to bite his hand and he whispers "That wouldn't be wise boy, do you see this little thing i have in my hand here? It's a detonator. I set up bombs all in and under the building, If you don't come with me i'll set them off. understand"

I tremble. I can't not go with him. I can't be the reason that their perfect day is ruined. Tears stream down my face but i nod my head before he says "Good" and knocks me unconscious.

Eugene pov

I pull raps out of the room stealthily saying "Alone at last my beautiful wife. OH man i'm so happy i get to call you that. I can't wait to defend you from other men and call you my life"

"And i'm so glad i get to call you my husband"

We stare into each others eyes before raps says "Okay we should get varian and let him know we're leaving. I'll get Cass to get him." She pulls her phone from a magical pocket in her dress and messages Cass before saying "Oh she says that he went to the bathroom half an hour ago..... Will you go and see if he's in there?"

"Of course i hope he didn't have a panic attack because of the crowd." I head off to the bathroom opening the door and being met with the silent room.

"Var? Var? Are you in here buddy?" silence is the only thing i'm met with. I step out of the bathroom and say "Hey sunshine he's not in here and as far as i know this is the only unlocked bathroom." We start looking around before finding varians goggles Cass got for him for his birthday. We exchange looks and come to the same realization at the same time. Varians dad must've been here and took him.

(Hey guys i'm curious if i were to do a trollhunters one shots and scenarios book would y'all request and read it?"