Chapter 13: Dissapearance, Worry, and Pain

Raps pov
I sat on the couch holding the bronze colored goggles in my hands gently rubbing my thumb over the blue lenses. Varian has been missing for a week now. We had no leads on where he was or who took him. I have my suspicion that his father took him which would give the police a better idea but they told me that the day after Varian dissapearance they found his dad and had killed him since he had shot at them first. Eugene and cass both agree with me and don't believe that his dad was dead.
I hear soft foot steps approach the love seat i sat at. Looking up I'm met with the sight of Eugene holding out a mug, of what smells like my favorite tea, with a soft and comforting smile on his face.
"Thank you Eugene"
"Your welcome sunshine" He places a soft kiss on my temple sitting next to me with his own mug in hand.
"Are you worrying about varian?" I nod my head kinda sadly my eyes turning to the contents of the mug.
"We'll get him back. I promise sunshine."
"I know. But what if were too late....eugene....what if he's....gone by the time we find him"
"Hey were hopefully not gonna reach that point Rapunzel. We'll get him back an he'll be safe and sound and he'll have rudiger to help him out. Okay?" He cups my face gently as he says this. I nod my head and we share a soft kiss before I look into the mug wondering if Varian was okay or not. If he was alive I hope he wasn't in too much pain.

Varian pov.
The impact of the punch to my stomach made me want to vomit but i had nothing in my stomach. As I tried to curl up but my current accommodations wouldn't allow for it to happen. I swayed around as my dad circled around me saying "Ya know son you can be very difficult and I honestly don't know why I've never done anything wrong I provided for you gave you a home food to eat and I let you use all the alchemy. Yet you would try and run away from me" I just stared at my feet toes just barley touching the floor. My wrists we're starting to hurt and bleed from how much violent swinging my. Dad had been causing me to do tonight. He left the dark room as I swayed around and stared at my feet blankly as my mind drifted to sleep in a sad attempt to mercy me, but the nightmares decided to just barrade me. I had nightmare upon nightmare of my dad hurting me but in time dreams he started hurting my friends and rap's and Eugene and I couldn't stop him or save them. I hope they don't come to rescue me not again I'm not worth being rescued a second time. I'm not worth it at all.

Cass pov
I was sat on my desk as I stared at the pin board across from me trying to price together the clues on where Varian was taken. There were too many possibilities. Whoever took him had no prints or possible environment identifiers to track and had used a stolen car before he must've ditched it in a no camera zone since it had dissapeared. I had been up for days and my mind and body were trying to tell me to sleep. I had to find the kid I wasn't able to keep him from being taken but I'll get him back I will.

(So first off I apologize for not updating sooner I've kinda been in writers block and I might put this on hiatus, we'll see. For now if you guys want to theorize and all I would love to have you theorize in the comments mabey do some suggestions for future plot who knows.