Chapter:4

After I finish the one beer, Pops gives me that look and nods his head at Rane. "Okay, Okay. I am going Pops." I get up and walk his way. He is sitting at a table with the little blonde from the other night. When he sits down she straddles him and sits on his lap. Great. The blonde bobblehead. And then I hear that voice in my head again.

Get off him skank! He is mine." That's when I made a quick right for the jukebox. Allie joins me.

"Pops told me all about it. What I want to know is who is that cute sexy thing beside him, V?" She grabs my arm and pulls me over to their table.

"Allison, that's his twin brother Dane and he is busy." I pull back but Allie pushes me until we are standing in front of his table.

"Dane, this is my friend Allie from school. Rane can I have a moment with you please?" Allie sits down beside Dane, her eyes all glazed over.

"What? So you can act crazy? No thank you. I am having fun right now. Goodbye." He shoos me away. I grab Allie's arm and start pulling her back to where Pops is sitting when she yanks my arm and pulls me back towards Rane. 

The blonde bobble head speaks up, "Who the hell is that fat ass, ugly girl and what does she want with you?"

"Oh shut the hell up, Hailey. I am not in the mood for your bitching tonight." He pushes her off his lap and onto the chair beside him. He runs his long fingers through his hair with his foot propped up on the chair across from him.

"Excuse me, dickweed. My friend would like to have a moment of your time. Be a real man and show some manners and get your nasty ass up and walk with the lady." She says in one breath. I giggled at the way she talked to him. But to my surprise, he gets up. We walk outside where it is not so loud.The hot summer air hitting us in the face.

"So, what is so important that you need me right this second? Make it quick. Hailey is waiting on me." He licks his lips which grosses me out.

"I just wanted to apologize for my rude behavior today, Rane. I hope you come back to work." I offer a sincere apology.

"Oh how big of you, V. I didn't quit because of your ass. Like you have that much power over me." He lets out a boisterous chuckle. "I got a call from the fire department. I start my training tomorrow. That is why I quit so don't flatter yourself." He gives me a devilish grin and starts to walk off. I grab his arm and yank it so he is facing me again.

"You freaking jerk. I take back my apology back. If you can treat me like that, I can return the favor. I don't know what I ever did to you to make you hate me, but the feeling is mutual. "I start crying so I punch him in the arm and storm off back into the bar. I can hear his boisterous laugh behind me. I stop before I go back in. Why did I start crying? I can't stand him. He's an egotistical douche bag. I gather myself and walk back in and down my beer.

"You want another one, V?" Terry asks.

"No, I will take a shot of bourbon please." Pops just stares at me.

"Only one my sweet girl," Pops says. I down the shot. It burned going down and made me cough. I really don't drink whiskey, but he stirs up emotions in me that makes my blood boil. He pisses me off. Just plain and simple.

"Fine. Give me another beer." I sit there giving Rane the evil eye and every time I catch him looking at me, I stick my tongue out at him. He would laugh and wink at me. That just made it worse. Then that damn little voice comes back.

"You know you like it. He is the one. He is our forever. Look at him sitting over there with those sultry eyes. I feel like I may just go into heat with those eyes on me."