Wamping 14

"I loved that story "I tell them "You know that turning into your wolf side and running free heals so many things V, I  am gonna tell you another story about my dad why my grandpa started helping wolves because my dads mate denied him and married another he ran away and came back years later with me but once he came back he kept hearing his mate talking to her husband and it made dad so sick that he killed himself. And that is when pops decided he was going to help other wolves that were wandering aimlessly  or are just broke he swore he would help them find their way and he has been doing just that for around twelve years now,Now you know why he chooses to do this with his gift ."

"Oh Chase I am so sorry about your dad That story makes me love Sam that much more though he has saved me that's for sure I felt like pure death and being here with all of you has healed my heart."

"The thing to remember V is run it off if you are mad or hurt emotionally run it off it is way better than a bandaid"That night  I laid there looking up at the stars and realized I was finding the real me and  I can still go home and see pops I miss him so much.I know he has been worried sick because I left and even though I check in I can tell he misses me.I decide to send him and Allie the pic I look good and happy in it I grab my phone and sent the photo along with a text that said me and Chases family wamping they  are like us pops and are teaching me a lot, love you, be home soon but I gotta make a stop on the way home.I fall asleep after I sent the text.The next morning Alex climbs in my tent "wake up V,wake up"he shakes me.I roll over  like I am going to scare him and as I turn he yells "Boo"I jump and start tickling him he screams"stop"through his laughter.We climb out of my tent and Nevaeh has already scrambled some eggs and browned some sausage and toasted some toast. We set around the leftover ashes from last nights fire.And devour our breakfast.

"Are you all avid campers?"I pondered

"Oh we use to camp all the time when we dated and in our first couple of years of marriage any reason to be alone enjoying each others company,"Chase responds.

"So your first task to day is hide your clothes then we will meet back here and start the hunt."We take off down the path  at the split Alex takes one path I go down the other path.When I get back Alex is already there"I beat you back V"he chants.

"Oh I didn't realize we were competing but ok if you want to be that way I am winning the next challenge"I growl at him making my muscleman arms.

"No way V I am faster your older and you are slower "Alex says, I couldn't help from laughing.

"OK so your next challenge is scent  you are to find 3 rabbit burrows when you get back I will change and sniff your trail out.so get on your wolf ,set and go!"We change to our wolves and take off. I make it back to camp before Alex.

"I won Alex  see I am not old and slow"I laugh at him as he sticks his tongue out at me.

"Ok so your next challenge is tougher you must sniff out and bring back a turkey and a squirrel a fish and a salamander that is four hunts .So on your wolf's mark, set, Go!"

The turkey and squirrel was easy  fish a little fiester but the salamander not so easy.I get back and Alex is back.

"See V I said you were slow  ha ha I beat you"Alex teases me I wink at his mom and dad.

"Ok well now you two get to help with the fish fry while I run the turkey and squirrels back to the house for grandfather to clean and I will be hungry when I get back so have my dinner ready mom will show you how." Chase winks back at me we all laugh at him.

"Alex when we kill something it is natures rule you have to eat what mother Earth has given you it is important not to waste or kill it just for the heck of it.Ok first we have to filet the fish first step is make sure you have a sharp fillet knife" as she shows us in detail every step when she gets to the last step she gets a grin on her face and pulls out a square Tupperware bowl out of her kitchen satchel and opens it  we rinse the fish with some water then we dredge it in the breading  mixture,before placing it in our preheated pan we need some lemon she slices a lemon up and grabs a slice and squeezes the juice in the pan now we are ready for the fish she places the fish in the frying pan hearing it sizzle.She browns the fish to a golden hue and removes them from the pan.