Capter:10

He lays down beside me and I kept hearing my wolf say, "I love you Rane. This is where I need to be. I want you. All of you. Don't ever let go of me."

"I won't let go of you, V," I hear him whisper in my ear.

"Promise me, Rane. Promise me," I tell him turning towards him.

"V, I can't make you any promises. I have already made promises to Hailey. And a promise is a promise right? It is a solemn vow," he says looking into my eyes.

"Rane promise you want get out of this bed for ten minutes no matter what."I mimick what my wolf is saying over and over in my head.

My wolf had her own plans and I was too intoxicated to resist her. "Sure V. I won't get up for ten minutes for any reason. I promise you," he answers so I turn over and climb on top of him. I push my lips to his and he keeps moving his head. I decide to be bold and run my hand down the front of his pants. I can feel him hard in my hand. I keep rubbing up and down on the outside of his pants. When he still refuses to move, I lay back down beside him. I start crying uncontrollably.

"Please leave, Rane. I think I have embarrassed my self enough for one night and I would rather you not see me this way." I place my face in my hands.

"V, I know what you were trying to do. You worded it wrong is all. This is how you needed to say it. Promise me that for the next ten minutes, you will forget any promise you have made to another and show me what you have wanted to do to me since you were sixteen. Now see V, if I promised that, what you just did would be completely fine. I'll promise it right now. I'll forget about any other promises for ten minutes so I can do this."

He starts kissing on my neck. It feels like little sparks of electricity. They make my body move in rhythm with his. I moan out as his lips touch mine. I arch my body into his as he runs his hand up my thigh and under my dress to my panties. My temperature rises . My body has never felt more alive than it does in this very second. He rubs his hand up and down my panties. My body is aching all over. Every place he touches, it sears me. I grab hold of his back and dig in. He looks at me with his sultry eyes. The desire and lust matches mine in every degree. 

"Claim me as yours, Rane."

He stops and looks over at the clock. "You know I can't do that, V. Please don't ask me that again. As much as I would love to, I can't V. I just can't," he says with pain in his voice. He gets up and walks out of the house. I hear the screen door slam and I curl up on my bed and lay there crying my self to sleep.

The next morning, all the happenings of last night played out like a movie screen in my mind. I laid there and cried even more. I was so glad Pops was spending the whole weekend with Terry. I knew I needed to get over Rane and I couldn't do it in this place. I had to get far away from here. I write Pops a letter so he won't be too worried.

Dear Pops, 

                I am leaving you this letter so you can understand why I have left. Pops please know I love you with all I am. You were the best dad a girl ever could have asked for, but when a woman falls in love with a man that love becomes more dominant to her, and if she can never have that person, her heart shatters with just the thought of him never loving her or seeing her that way she sees him. It is pure pain Pops, and it hurts far worse than turning for the first time.I ask one of you Pops. I am leaving here, not sure when, or if I will ever return. I will stay in touch as long as you promise to keep my whereabouts a secret. DO NOT TELL ANY COUNCIL MEMBERS WHERE I AM. If you love me like I know you do, then Pops I pray you keep this vow for me. I can't be a part of Bridgeport anymore.

                                                                                                                                                                 ❤ Your Daughter,

                                                                                                                                                                                                   V 

I write Rane a letter, too.

 Dear Rane,

           I don't want to cause you or myself any more pain .I guess when I was gone, my thoughts were not that strong. So I am hoping the distance between us will fix that. I know you were only being cruel to me so I would keep my distance away from you .I could hear your thoughts so clear last night and I feel the same way. That is why I am leaving and never coming back. But I do wish you much happiness. Just know, my heart will forever be yours. You may not have claimed my body last night but you claimed my heart and soul as yours. I can't be upset with you for not wanting to break a promise. It is very honorable of you.

                                                                                                                                                                            Much L❤ve,

                                                                                                                                                                                                    V

P.S. You may be right about Avery. He is a wizard. I done some digging up on him in Carson City yesterday. The water is clear, so it must be a spell of some kind to keep them from reproducing. Figure out how to break the spell, and the pack should be good.

I pack all my belongings and place Mom's diary on my bed. I place both letters, the one addressed to Rane and the one to Pops on top of Mom's diary. I load my bags in my car and leave town. I call Allie and tell her I will see her this coming weekend and if anyone asks about me, she hasn't heard a word from me. I hit the interstate driving towards Tennessee with my music blaring and tears rolling down my eyes. I hit CA-266 south and then the Nevada highways. I could hear his thoughts as he read the letter I had wrote. One second he was relieved and the next broken. I figure the part that was broken was his wolf begging me to come back to him. He had made it perfectly clear to me who he wanted to be with. The longer I drove to put distance between us, the fainter the connection got. Three days later I see the Knoxville sign. 

I head straight to Allie's house. I pull up in front of her house. Hell, she lives in a mansion. I had already known the code for her gate. Her parents use the same code for everything: Allies birthday. Allie was a year older than me and she always hated celebrating her birthday because it reminded her that her real mom gave her away. As I pull up to the front of the house, Allie comes running out to greet me.

"Oh Kendra, I have missed you so much." She grabs me and squeezes me in her signature bear hug. "We have the whole house to ourselves for two weeks. My parents are gone on vacation. We can hang out by the pool or head up to the Smokies. We don't have to ever leave the premises if we don't want to," Allie says grabbing my bag from my hand. I follow her into the house.

"Wow, Allie! I knew you had it made, but not like this."