18

"Hold on a second," he says pulling out a first aid kit from his bottom drawer. I walk around and help him with his scratch"what got a hold of you sheriff, Avery, it dug its claws into you deep. be still this might sting"I pour some peroxide on it.

"Oh, it was a wild cat."

"A cat did that to you Avery?"Dane asks him.

"Yeah a dog had it cornered under a house so I saved the poor little kitten."

"Oh how sweet of you Avery you were a hero,Have you heard anything about Kendra yet?"I ask as I pour the peroxide on his scratch.

"No one has seen her I am still looking and asking around."

"Ok lets go Allie he doesn't know any thing."He grabs my arm rushing me out of there.

"Allie drop me off at my house I need to talk to Rane it is important."I drop him off at home and head back to Kendras when I get back I go in her room and take her stud earrings out of my ears. I dropped one and it rolled under the dresser so I get down on my hands and knees and reach my arm under it I feel a book or something so I grab it out and start looking through it it is a diary so I climb up in the bed to read it.

                                                                   Rane's Pov

I went back up to lookout point and unburied V's necklace so when I find her I can put her necklace on her.I have been carrying it around in my pocket I miss her so much .We have been doing search parties day in and day out.I walk down to the lake to be by my self.I sit on a big rock thinking about her.I bury my hands in my head.When she steps in front of me.I look up it was like she was a vision a dream until I reached out and touched her.I jumped up "Oh V where have you been you have had everyone sick with worry"I grab her and hug her."I love you V and I promise you I am yours forever.I have something for you ."I pull her necklace out of my pocket she turns around so I can put it back on her.When it rest against her neck she starts screaming "It's burning me ,get it away from me"

"Look Rane you can keep your necklace .I came to tell you something .I am in love with Chase and I am going back to him.I hope you can explain this to my family.I have never had feelings for you ,Chase is my mate not you.My wolf loves Chase I am leaving and never coming back bye Rane."I grab her and kiss and kiss her.For years I have kissed her but when  she kisses me back it was weird .I have kissed V plenty of times in high school and it was just so weird.She pushes away "bye Rane"
"V what about Alex and Nevaeh and Evan and I can't think of that little girl's name"

"What about them Rane they will be happy me and Chase are together." she walks away I am just standing there in shock that just did not make any sense.I head to V's to talk to Luna and Bash.When I get there Allie comes out and says "Your brothers looking for you after he practically yanked me out of the sheriffs office ok well right now I need to talk to them in private Allie."I walk away from her and she is still mumbling on.

"Bash, Luna I think I ran into V but I am not sure first I put her necklace on her she starts screaming it was burning her .My wolf kept trying to talk to her but it was like she didn't hear him. And she kept going on about how she loves Chase and he was her mate and she was his and I know for a fact that was a lie cause she explained everything to me about Tennessee and when I kissed her it was weird like not kissing her."

"Where is the necklace Rane?"I pull it out of my pocket and  Luna takes it then Dane comes barging in "Guys I know who has V where he has her I have no idea?

"How do you know who has her?"

"you know when I was younger and I kept getting scrapes from being clumsy and how you said you can tell a werewolf mixed with peroxide."