Chapter:6

I hear Pops saying, "Come on girls. It is time to go,"so I grab Allie's arm and tug her away from Dane. 

On the way back home, all I heard was, "If this is how it feels to find your soulmate, I never want this feeling to stop. Did you hear me Kendra? I am in love. He is so dreamy. It's like we know what the other is thinking. It is amazing." She grabs me in a hug and squeezes just a little to tight.

"Okay, Allison. I got it you are hurting me. Let me go." She let's go. Thank god. 

When we get inside Pops whispers me in my ear, "Happy twenty-second birthday my baby girl. When your friend goes to sleep we have to have a long talk." 

Once Allie was asleep, I join pops out on the front porch.I sit in the porch swing beside him.

"Kendra, I know all these years you have thought I had a few screws lose, but you are fixing to find out everything I have told you about our family history is true. You should at least be experiencing another voice in your head. That is your wolf side wanting to come out. We males get our wolf side at fifteen. Women don't get it until their twenty second birthday, that is why I needed you to come home. It wasn't not for the business. In the next few days, your body will go through transformations. The women of the council can help you with that. Now that you made the pledge, you have to attend the council meetings. They are very important.It will help you learn our ways and what is and what is not accepted." He hands me a gift box. "Your mom wrapped this a few weeks before her accident, V.She left a note with it. She said it was for the change. It's a mother's inspiration and guide. her mom gave her one and now she gives you one. As your body starts to change, you will become stronger and  have amazing agility. I am here with any questions you have," he explains. I interrupt him with a question.

"Do you hear two voices? One male and one female?" He laughs. I look at him with crazy eyes.

"I am sorry, V. You're facial expression was quite funny. The male voice you hear is your true mate. He has been able to hear your thoughts since he was fifteen. When you are close enough to him, you can hear his thoughts. Your minds have linked together. You will be able to hear his conscious and subconscious thoughts until you mate together then that link will change with your bonding. Your bonding will be the most important thing, V. It is indescribable. Have you already heard your mates thoughts? If you have we have to let the council know so you two can be married at once!" Pop looks at me amazed. 

I shake my head no and say, "Just curious  is all. How close do you have to be to them to hear their thoughts?"

"A few inches at first. It will grow further once you bond." I think I understand all this now. "Oh and you must never take that necklace off unless you want to change. It keeps your wolf at bay. If you really need her then she will emerge at will. Well it's late now. I am heading to bed. See you in the morning, V."He gives me a peck on the cheek and walks in the house. My head is swimming with all this new information. For some reason I keep thinking about Rane saying I would be his. I don't think so. But he said Hailey was his. I am so confused now. Rane is the last person I want now. Avery is nice and sweet very respectful. He is the opposite of mean Rane.

 The voice is back, "Rane is our mate. Leave Avery alone. Rane is the one we will be wi..."

I interrupt the voice. "No we will not be with Rane. Get over it." That shut her up.

I open my gift mom left me. The first part of the journal was Grandma Grace's experience. I start yawning so I get up and go in the house to my bed room. I lay across the bed reading the journal. After only a few minutes, I drifted off to sleep. That night I had a dream I married Avery and we were so happy and then he found out that I was a wolf and didn't want me anymore. That image fade's away and another comes. I am married to Rane and our life together is horrible he is downright cruel to me and I found him in bed with Hailey so we divorced. 

The next morning I wake up and I still feel drained.  I remember the dream I shake  it out of my head. I go shower and then go get some breakfast started. Today, I show Allie around town. Our town is like stepping back in time. Allie has already started breakfast so I help her. We sit at the table, eat and then go get ready to go into town.

We get to the beginning of town and Allie says, "We are in the movie set of Gone with the Wind. You never said your town was historical." We walk through town. She oohs and awes at every building. We both start to get hungry, so we decide to get lunch at the Inn.

After lunch, Allie gets a call to come back home. Her grandmother had a heart attack and they are not sure she is gonna pull through. Her grandmother is ninety five and not in the best health. she turns to me and says, "Kendra I have to head home today. It's my Gee Gee. She is bad off. Kendra I am gonna miss you." She grabs me and hugs me.

"Come back any time Allie. It has been great having you here." I squeeze her harder. After going back home and seeing Allie off, I grab the journal and start reading Grandma Grace's entries. This thing is more like a ledger than a journal. I read for a couple of hours then decide to get dinner ready. Pops will be home soon.

After dinner, I set out on the porch thinking about what I read in the journal. How painful it feels to turn your first time. The excruciating pain. How the more you change, the easier it gets and how she describes her mate Grandpa Eric. And how in love they were. That night after dinner, I lay across the bed thinking of Grandma's word. That night when I fall asleep I have a dream of changing. How horrible the pain was. I wake up terrified but realize I was just dreaming.I lay there not being able to go back to sleep. I decide to go sit on the porch swing. It has always soothed me. I think about what Pops said about me having to stay here for awhile. I need to find a job. I think I will go visit MCCSP tomorrow to see if they are hiring so I can start putting my education to use. I start feeling sleepy so I go lay back down and within seconds I am out of it.