Hold On...

Tae's POV

Hold on, Hold on, this is not happening, no...

I thought, over and over again. I tried replaying Shruti's words in my head, but, there were no errors. I sat on the terrace looking at the empty sky. " If this was a movie, this sky would've been full of stars" I mumbled, a tear slipping my eyes. I let it spill. Soon My heart started to ache as I sobbed holding my chest.

"Taehyungie! What's wrong?!" I felt a pair of hands embrace me, and I knew it was Namjoon Hyung. I didn't push him away. 

The night sky was beautiful.... so unfairly beautiful. I held up her bracelet in the air as I stared at it. Her fiance, her fiance.. Shruti's words rang in my ear. I removed the unpleasant thoughts as I held the bracelet closer and let sleep take over me.

Author's POV

It was almost midnight, as the excitement of the evening was replaced by the silence of night. Jungkook and Shruti sat under the moonlight, her head resting on his shoulder. Jungkook hummed a song as Shruti perceived his beautiful voice for the first time. She found it extremely amazing.

As Jungkook ends his song, Shruti opens her eyes. She looks up and meets Jungkook's charcoal black eyes which were filled with love. "Ah~~ you sing so well!" Shruti chirped, making Jungkook giggle at her cuteness. He pinched her cheeks. 

Shruti sat up as she looked at the starry sky. 

"Jungkook.... " 

"Hmm?" he looked at her to find her eyes a bit glistening. 

"I love you" Jungkook felt his heart beat fasten. Shruti sniffed a bit as she sighed. 

"You know I never thought that I could love someone else." She said in a whispered voice. Jungkook looked at her with a questioning look.

"I really loved this guy. His name was Adi. He suddenly came in my life... and left, I never heard of him again." She breathed the tears which were almost on the verge of pouring. "He ditched me and got another chick and left me all heartbroken and sad." She looked down.

"I was so frustrated and depressed u know.... almost gave up on life. " Shruti said in a broken voice.Jungkook embraced her, wiping her tears. 

"I feel so happy you know, u made me fall in love again, u made me love myself again. Now it feels all worth it, me being heartbroken, me going to Japan to forget everything and start a new, me being late to catch up the train at Delhi..." 

Her voice grew cheerful with every sentence. Jungkook placed his forehead on hers, as his hands caressed her hair, their face inches away.Jungkook slowly closed the gap, sealing their lips together.Shruti was taken aback first but let the moment engulf them.

After a while, as they were sitting under the beautiful sky, Jimin suddenly went out towards the corner and he was talking to someone. Jungkook told Shruti to keep quiet as he slowly followed him. "Every night he comes out here to talk to someone, he talks about us to that person, today I am gonna ask him who he talks to" Jungkook explained.

"Yes, yes they are all well, uh.... taehyungie... umm yeah he is doing really well, appa is well too. Yeah Mira will have the baby in a few months, yah, am looking after Jungkook, yeah, goodnight." As Jimin was about to turn around and go, he was stopped to see Jungkook standing behind him with his arms across his chest