It's complicated

2 years later

"Maa! Am leaving!" I called out before leaving for work. "Be careful !" My mother responded. I rushed towards the bus stop. The crowd had grown a lot. I tried to squeeze in but missed the bus. I groaned in frustration. I was definitely gonna be late for work today. I stood waiting for the next bus. I sat on the seat and held my head in frustration.

The past 2 years had not been easy. Jungkook and I are still 5,000 miles away from each other. 4 years ago when we met, I never thought that we would fall in love and also get into a long-distance relationship. 

We are not one of those fairytale couples, we too have a complicated relation sometimes. Because of the distance, we don't meet too often just on vacations sometimes. Our relationship has gone through a lot of thick and thin but I feel that something too perfect is not good either.

We spent every summer in the past 2 years in our house in Seoul. We cuddled, went on dates, made love... but it just felt incomplete. 

The next bus arrived and I hopped on it. The busy day went on. From boss' scolding to extra work my frustrating day finally ended.  I arrived back home in the evening, tired. I went straight to my room and freshened up. I jumped on my bed and called him.

"Hey there!" his cheerful face popped up. I smiled."What are you doing?"

"Nothing just came back from work"

"You look tired " He gave me a sad smile and caressed the laptop screen.

"I wish I could caress your face," He said. My heart sank and my eyes became teary. I inhaled a deep breath.

"Jungkook I- I am so tired, I feel like this 5,000 miles is too unbearable for me. Please come to me kookie... please" I couldn't hold my tears anymore. I covered my face letting the tears fall.

"Babe please don't cry," He mumbled comforting words and soon I calmed down. 

"Let's go on a vacation ok?" I nodded. "Get some sleep now, we'll talk tomorrow again. I love you hmm?" I smiled at his sweetness. "I love you too..."

.

.

.

.

Jeju Island

"Look at that!" I pointed to the beautiful fireworks. Jungkook and I stood at the terrace of the hotel. Apparently, there were a lot of fireworks and sky lanterns. I was enjoying the amazing view and it was so beautiful.

"Jungkook look!!" I called out but received no answer so I turned around and didn't see him. Anxiously I looked around to look for him. "Hey come on no games " I nervously called out.

"Shruti" A voice came. I looked at the terrace and there he stood. I heaved a sigh. "Where were you?" He didn't say anything just smiled. He held out his hand and I grabbed it. He then did the thing I had been waiting for in the past 4 years.

He went on his knees. I covered my mouth at the sight. He held out a gorgeous ring and said.

"Shruti, the most gorgeous girl I've ever seen, we met in the station and on the first meet you had stolen my heart. Today to complete the love that started 4 years ago I want to ask you...

Will you marry me?"

I held onto my breath and grabbed the strength and nodded. "Yes Jeon Jungkook, I'll marry you!" And with that, we hugged each other and the euphoric feeling was something I can't explain in words. Finally, we'll be complete. 

Wedding planning wasn't as easy as we thought. I and Jungkook decided to plan our own wedding. I wanted a very memorable one with the very close ones. I decided to design my own wedding dress. I was working really hard. We decided to have a Christian wedding as Jungkook's father wished for it and an Indian wedding photoshoot. 

We got busy with all the preparations and after 2 months of hard work, the preparations were all done. 

I caressed the white dress that I made and looked up at the red lehenga which my mother gave me. Tomorrow was the big day. I closed the door to the closet and went to my room and fell asleep with my love beside me.

"I feel so nervous," I said as I sat in front of the mirror in my wedding dress. Tama was doing my hair and my sister with Ayan(her son) was setting up my flowers. 

"Chill babe kook's gonna lose his mind once he sees your gorgeous ass" I chuckled. I grabbed the flowers and carefully held my dress. I slowly walked to my father and he smiled at me. I held his arm and he walked me down the aisle.

Nervousness bubbled inside me. I clutched onto his arm harder. As we entered the room I saw him, in his black suit, handsome face, and bunny smile, My man. He held out his hand and I quickly grabbed it. 

"Hey beautiful" I smiled at his words.  We decided our own vows and as the priest prompted we said them

"Shruti, my love that day when I first saw you at the station my heart had dropped out of my chest. Since then I lived for your smile and breathed for your laughter. You were the first love of my 21st self and now you're gonna be the bride of my 25th self. I love you and I promise to always stay with you through thick and thin"

I controlled my tears and inhaled, it was my turn.

"My Seoul boy, thank you for being the happiness of my life, the light in my dark. The past 4 years have been tough but there hasn't been one moment I didn't love you. Your bunny smile always made my day. your words made my heart skip a beat. Thank you so much for filling me with love. I wanna be your always and I promise to love you till death parts us. I love you." 

"Now you may exchange the rings" I took the ring and put it on his finger and he did the same and as the ceremony goes we sealed our promises with a kiss. The hall roared with cheers and was filled with faces filled with smiles and happy tears. 

"Finally, you are now my dulhania" he whispered to me. I smiled.

 Yes, now I am Jungkook ki Dulhania....

                                                 ~ END

Sooooo the journey ends here! Thank you so much to everyone who has been with me through this journey! I am so happy right now~ I promise to come back again with new works.. until then goodbye~ and see you soon!

XOXO :)))