The Proposition

(A/N) So I've noticed that in other stories Vanessa is often villianized or dehumanized so if some of you could let me know what you think of how I'm writing her in this story that would be a great help. Thanks for reading!

~2 months Time skip~Lin's Pov~

Jon and I were cuddling on the couch watching The Lion King. We were enjoying having a simple movie morning before having to go in for a double performance later today. I also had a surprise for Jon. I was going to propose after the second show! Pippa already knows and so does Daveed. They are going to help me. The plan is that after the second show when we bow I'll be holding Jon's hand and stop him before we walk off stage and propose, Philippa and Daveed were going to get everyone else to stay on stage.

"Hey Jon I think we should start toward Richard Roger's. We wouldn't want everyone to beat us there again." I said chuckling.

"Oh you're right that wouldn't be fun at all." He said laughing with me.

When we got to the theater only Daveed and Pippa were there. They both gave me a mischievous smile.

We went to our dressing room and both started to undress. When we had both taken our shirts off I took Jonathan's hand and pulled him into a kiss. This time I was the one to back him against the wall, however he soon flipped us around and picked me up so I could wrap my legs around his waist. The last time we did this we got interrupted so this time I remembered to lock the door. We made out until there was a knock at the door. We slowly untangle ourselves and I went and answered it. It was Leslie.

"Hey man what's up?" I asked casually. I totally hadn't just been making out with my boyfriend (hopefully soon to be fiancee!!!) when we were both half dressed. Totally not.

"I was wondering if I could talk to you for a second."

"Yeah sure no problem." I said looking over my shoulder, "Jonathan I'll be right back." I heard him mutter what sounded like "Kay".

" What's up Leslie?"

"Daveed told me the plan dude. That's super sweet. I was just wondering if you wanted me to help get people to stay so that it'd go down the line faster?" He asked a little embarrassed.

"Yeah please that would be great thanks man." I said turning back to go to my dressing room.

~Time skip to after the shows~

Phillipa gave her final gasp and the lights went down. She bowed. Then I bowed, oh my gosh I'm so nervous what if he said no? I take his hand and the cast bowed twice. I saw Pippa, Leslie and Daveed whispering to everyone and they all took a step back. I take Jon's other hand and turn him to face me. I lower down on to one knee causing everyone in the theater to gasp. Jon's face turned a deep shade of red. I grabbed the ring box and held it in my hand.

"You are the love of my life Jonathan Groff so I ask you now half in anguish half in hope will you do me the great great honour of taking me for your husband?" 

(A/N First person to name the movie, character, and actor that said that line (obviously different name) gets a shout out in the next chapter I write.)