Part 18: Cell

The Association

We are currently at crisis point. Kirk's arrest and incarceration is most definitely due to the Dark sides H-Offensive. Our team Responsives, Jess and Casey, with their combined insight have confirmed this. 

We, The Association are a human organisation, with no links to the paranormal world and its vast resources. Our main modus operandi is one of human intervention and subterfuge used to divert attention away from the reality of reanimate existence.

The Oregon members of the Association are currently in a crisis management meeting; we shall inform you of their strategy regarding this very difficult situation once it is made known to us.

In the meantime, we would ask all supporters of Kirk to send positive cyber vibes his way – they do have an impact. And, if it does end in carnage and grizzly death – please don’t judge Kirk too harshly, he didn't choose his condition and cannot always control his actions. 

We will now hand you back to Kirk. 

......

The smell of my fellow inmates is a tempting mix of: stale body odour, sour feet, and human gas; these combined aromas torment me with their deliciousness. I apologize for my disgusting taste.

My cell has a small window, the blackness outside suggests the early hours. My hunger intensifies as the night crawls onwards.

I wear a shapeless white detention uniform and my feet are shackled. But, I’ll break them like spaghetti when my hunger strength kicks in.

They said a Probation Officer will visit me in the morning. He, or she may become my breakfast.

......

As day breaks, my carcass begins its pre-feed shakes. Spasms reverberate through me, causing my outer shell to vibrate with an alarming, inhuman intensity. I’m losing what little control I have.

......

The viewing shutter of my cell door shoots open and a fat male officer peers through – his fat makes me drool. I read the shock spread across his face. My hunger is such that I could easily break free, thrust my fist through the reinforced door, grab him and eat him. My need to feed infects me bad. But – I have a small amount of discipline to hold me back.

......

The Association

Our category One Responsive Jess has a strategy that she would like to implement herself. It is a bold and ambitious plan, which we feel Jess may be able to complete with some level of success. We have no choice but to let her take over – we wish her luck.

We hand you back to Kirk.

......

Through my maddening hunger I hear chaotic voices –  “We need a doctor, he’s having some kind of seizure!” hollers the Officer in charge.

On hearing this, the inmates whoop and holler  – 

“We got trouble a brewing. Entertainment's on its way folks.”

“Sure thing, I hear the law dogs running like a pack a wild ones."

“They took in a retard last night, he been bopping round his crib like crazy; he be making sounds like I never hear come from a human being before.”

......

Then, through the cacophony of chaos I hear Jess’s voice.

......