42

jimin knocked gently onto his mother's door, hoping she wouldn't hear and he could use that as an excuse to walk away and claim she never answered him, but obviously, nothing ever went his way.

the door swung open, revealing an overly happy mother.

"why did you want me to come here eomma"

"i want to tell you something"

"you could've called me"

"it's better to say in real life"

"alright what is it"

his mother walks to an oddly empty room walking out with a bouquet of flowers, his eyes widened at the sight of them. they were peonies, something he would repeatedly draw on his old arts account. nostalgia hit him as he felt himself tear up, urging and wanting to pick up a pencil and doodle away, remembering why he used to love it so much.

"you loved drawing these, i remember, you always used to buy them and bring a new set of them home each week"

"why are you giving them to me"

"my baby, as much as i want it to be, it wasn't from me"

"what do you mean?"

"read the letter"

as two cards hung on a string attached to the bouquet of flowers he could see small writing which caught his eye instantly. he picked it up only to feel a warm tear drop down his cheek after reading a single sentence. jiminie, it's me jungkook.

i told you i loved your art account before didn't i? i just wanted to show you how much, it was your passion and you always used to put so much love and effort into your drawings. i used to laugh at how much you used to just draw me and peonies, i could decipher why you were so obsessed with it so i just decided i would let you do you and not think about it so much.

i sent you pink peonies, i'm guessing you know what they symbolise? if not they show love. it's my love for you. not love because i'm attracted to you, or because you're my boyfriend, but because you're the person who lit up my world, just like the passion and talent you used to have, lit up yours.

i'm not too good at drawing, so excuse my attempt on the second card.

jimin sobbed, he sobbed hard and heavy but he was surprisingly quiet for how many tears where flowing down his cheeks. he felt a wave of emotions as he saw the picture on the card and a little message written on the corner.

i tried drawing one of your pieces that i loved the most, your peony drawings didn't get as much attention as the pictures of me since the main reason you had the account was to fanboy over me [insert smug face] jimin chuckled at this line, making his eyes form small crescents as he continued to cry. but i loved the others the most, don't get me wrong, your drawings of me where fantastic but the flowers spoke more, they told me who you were and i loved it. i hope you like it jiminie. i hope you like it as much as i like you. scratch that. love you.

jimins teeth shone as he smiled brightly, wiping the tears from his face. his boyfriend has claimed to me bad at drawing but his attempt was far too identical to the older piece made by the elder.