Chapter 9

Y/N POV

"Taka-Kun... You need to eat..." I say trying to feed him some soup. He shakes his head.

"I promise there's no mondo butter in it... I made it myself," I say bringing the spoon closer to his mouth. He keeps his mouth tightly shut. I put down the bowl.

"I'll be right back okay..?" I say. I rush out of the room to find Makoto. I look everywhere.

"Makoto-kun!" I exclaim as I bang on his door. He comes to the door, concern plastered all over his face.

"I know Mr. Monokuma said you couldn't, but... Please! Give me Mondo's jacket!" I exclaim. He looks at the floor.

"I... I can't..." He says. I grab hum by the collar.

"MAKOTO-KUN! TAKA-KUN WON'T EAT PLEASE JUST GIVE ME MONDO'S JACKET!" I shout at him. I see the fear in his eyes as he nods. He goes back into his room as Byakuya walks by.

"Why do you even care about him so much..?" He asks me. I turn around. I feel the tears threatning to fall from my eyes. How could he be so heartless?!

"Byakuya-kun... You don't know what it's like... To lose your best friend and see them murdered in the most brutal way possible!" I exclaim wanting to punch him. He scoffs and walks away. I grab his arm.

"Why the hell are you so heartless anyway?! You tampered with Chihiro-kun's body... You barely talk with any of us, and you treat Toko-Chan like she's your servant! What the hell is wrong with you?!" I exclaim.

"Because... I've been hurt so many times. I've been hurt so much I try not to get attached! Is that the answer you were looking for?!" He shouts while turning around.

"But... You still get attached anyway... Don't you..?" I say cupping his face with my hand.

"So what..." He says a blush present on his face, he takes his face away from my hand.

"Byakuya-kun..." I say before looking away. Makoto comes out with the Jacket.

"Thank you, Makoto-kun," I say before leaving. I can't get mixed up in a relationship right now. Taka-kun needs me. I can't let him be alone like I was. I enter his room with the jacket. He's curled up in a ball in the corner. I drape the jacket around his shoulders. He looks up.

"Is this..?" He mutters looking up at me with sad eyes.

"Yes, it is," I say with a smile. He wraps the jacket around him tightly.

"I'll go, if you promise you'll eat," I say. He nods and takes the bowl and puts a spoonful in his mouth. He smiles slightly and then starts to cry.

"Ah! Taka-kun what is it?!" I exclaim rushing to his side.

"Why... Why are you taking care of me..? We never really talked before this... So... Why..?" He asks. I take his hand as he sets the bowl down on his bed.

"Because... I don't want you to go through the same thing I did. I don't want you to be alone and lonely like I am, I know I don't act like it... But Leon's death hit me hard. He was my only friend who didn't care that I was rich, he was friends with me... For me, he was like... I guess he was like a lover, and I know Mondo was all of that and more for you, so, I want to be here for you! I don't want you to be alone! I want you... To have all the support you need..!" I say with a smile. He hugs me. I stiffen in shock.

"I'll... I'll be there for you too!" He exclaims.

"Now there's the Taka I know," I say hugging him back.

"I'm gonna go do some stuff before nightime, make sure to finish the soup," I say as I get up to leave.

"Y/n-San!" he exclaims. I tilt my head.

"What is it?" I ask.

"I... I want to thank you, for all of this," He says. I look down at the floor and smile.

"Your welcome," I say as I stare into his red orbs. I walk out of his room. I close the door behind me and sigh. I look up to meet the gaze of Byakuya Togami.

"Ah!" I exclaim as I jump.

"How is he?" He asks in his usual cool tone.

"Slightly better," I say looking behind me.

"Byakuya-kun-" I start before he cuts me off.

"Stop. I don't want your pity." He says as he starts to walk away. I don't let him. I hug him to keep him where he is.

"Wait!" I exclaim.

"I... I wanted to tell you... That... I really like you! I... I could say I... I love you! I... I would love to be your girlfriend! I just... I have so much emotional baggage-" He cuts me off again as he turns around and scoops me up in his arms.

"We'll get through it. Together." He says. I smile. Then I cup his face and give him a quick peck on the lips.

"Does that mean you'll be my girlfriend?" He asks with a smirk. I nod.

"Yes it does!" I exclaim.

Makoto POV

I quickly close the door to my dorm. It's official, they're dating... I was too late...

I feel the tear stream down my face and I let out a pained laugh.

"He'll never know! He'll never know how much I love him..." I say staring at my ceiling. This hurts so much that I almost want to wish death upon Y/n, but I don't.