Chapter 12

Byakuya's POV

Monokuma releases me from the chains.

"Upupupu! Now you just have to figure out, who died!" He shouts while laughing. I run to Y/N's room. She didn't... I bang on her door and she answers.

"Hi Byakuya-kun!" She exclaims happily. I hug her. I feel her body stiffen in shock.

"Thank god... I thought you killed yourself..." I whisper in her ear.

"Wait... If you're free... Someone was murdered?!" She exclaims.

"Yes, do you have any Idea who it could have been?" I say trying to focus. She shakes her head nervously. I sigh.

"I'm going to go to the library, you have to do your daily rounds with Ishimaru-San right?" I say. She flinches and nods. I walk away.

I'm walking to the library like I do every morning. On the way there, I find a picture. What is this? I pick it up. It's me and Y/n... We're under a cherry blossom tree, and she's kissing me on the cheek.

"Hey that's mine!" Monokuma yells as he snatches the picture from my hand. Before I have time to react, he's gone. I continue my walk to the library.

When I enter the library Makoto is there. He seems to be poking his head in archive.

"Naegi-kun?" I ask. He jumps at my voice. When he turns around I swear I can see a faint blush on his cheeks.

"B-Byakuya-kun!" He exclaims.

"What are you doing here?!" He exclaims.

"I come in here every morning Naegi, why are you here?" I say crossing my arms.

"I was looking for Taka-chan, he didn't show up to breakfast," he says.

"Oh, have you tried his room?" I ask.

"It's locked," Makoto says.

"Oh... Wait, Y/n is supposed to be with him right now..." I say. Wait. If she's not- SHE COULD BE IN TROUBLE! I turn and bolt out of the library and don't stop running till I get to Taka's room.

"ISHIMARU-SAN OPEN THE DOOR!" I yell while banging on his door.

"Byakuya-kun...?" Y/n says behind me. I hug her and kiss her forehead.

"I thought you were going to die," I say.

"Don't worry! I wouldn't be able to leave you behind," she says with a smile.

"Though... Taka-kun wouldn't let me in," She says. Suddenly Sakura comes into the hallway.

"I'll break down his door," She says. Sakura walks up to the door, and with one swift kick, it falls cleanly foreward. We walk in to see Ishimaru on his bed, Mondo's jacket is on top of him. He's smiling. Y/n walks up to him and falls down on her knees.

"N-no... Who... WHO COULD HAVE DONE THIS?!" She shouts, the tears falling from her face.

*Ding dong bing bong*

"A body has been discovered! After a certain amount of time, which you can use however you may please, the class trial will begin!" Monokuma's voice echoes through the small dorm room. What will this investigation have in store for us?