Job

Summer vacation had finally rolled around after a long year of high school, and I was ecstatic. Well, until I realized that I have no life and don't have anything to do. So, after two and a half weeks of looking for something to occupy myself this summer, I found a small flower shop down on the end of town that doesn't get any business to work at for the summer.

I wasn't exactly thrilled to start, but I was also happy to have a place where I'll get a little money and kill some time. What else was I going to do, anyway? Sit at home and play Nintendo all summer?

Anyways, it was my first day at the job, and as I mentioned, I wasn't thrilled. But as soon as I found out who had the same work schedule as me at the same flower shop, that changed.

"Hello, ladies," the manager of the shop, nayeon, said. "You guys are gonna be working the same shifts all summer, aren't cha'?"

After that, she had to go soon since it was her grandson's birthday party in a few hours and she had to head off. I hadn't seen my co-worker, and when I took a moment to really notice her...

Damn.

She was a cutie, but also looked like a bad bitch. She had a pink hair, beautiful eyes that anybody could get lost in, the most beautiful fucking face on the face of the Earth. She looked cute yet intimidating, and she wore this leather jacket with a few patches ironed on.

"Hi," I said quietly and politely.

"Hey," she said with a small grin.

"So, we're gonna be working with each other all summer, huh?" I commented.

"It's going to be the best summer of my life, Angel," she said, her grin turning into a little bit of a smirk. Did this super-cute chick just call me Angel and smirk at me?

I was too flustered to talk. So, instead, I stood there like an idiot with this shy grin across my face. My face was quite obviously bright red because I was suddenly very warm which was abnormal since they keep it hella cold in the flower shop.

The girl eventually walked away, obviously satisfied with her ability to fluster me, and straightened up some displays. I snapped back into reality after a while and went behind the counter, leaning on the counter and whipping out my phone. I almost instantly opened my Kik group chat with my friends, Dahyun and Chaeyoung.

J: I'm yodeling

Dubu : good fucking lord

Chae : what is it this time

J : a hot girl just smirked at me and called me Angel

Chae : marry her

Dubu : YES MARRY HER

J: DAMN I WISH I COULD

Chae : Jihyo is gonna get some pussy damnnnn

Dubu : whoa there buster

J: uh
J: I'm gonna get back to, uh, work now

Dubi : k

Chae : ew don't say k

Dubu : kk

Chae : fuck you

I giggled at the last little bit. Mystery Girl looked up and I could feel my cheeks getting warm again.

"Your laugh is almost as cute as you are," she said in that smooth, flirtatious voice.

"Thanks," I said shyly, my knees feeling weak. Mystery Girl walked up to the counter. I turned off my phone so she couldn't see my text messages. That would be embarrassing. She leaned against the counter on the other side.