Hello LA

"Jihyo!" Joy squealed, engulfing me in a hug that could suffocate you as soon as I walked through the door.

I wrapped my arms around my older cousin, dropping my bag down on the floor. Despite it being almost 2 in the morning, the house was illuminated by the lights that Bailee kept on. The house was cool and smelled fruity. It was relaxing in the best way.

Joy's house was really cozy and homey. I loved everything about her house, it was like something out of a dream. The entry was grand, and the house was gorgeous while still being small and cozy.

Once Joy finally let me out of her embrace, I smiled. "Thank you again for letting me stay here, Jo."

"You don't have to thank me," Joy said seriously.

"I know, I know... but really, it means a lot, especially on such short notice...," I responded sheepishly. Joy led me to the extra bedroom and told me to get comfortable. We both decided it was time to go to sleep and we could catch up in the morning.

So, I got ready for bed, and before I tried to sleep, I took a look at my phone. There was a string of notifications from Dahyun, Chae, and sana. In all honesty, I'd forgotten about the fact I'd texted them. First, I opened dahyun's Kik messages.

Dubu has changed her name Dahyun

Jihyo has changed her name jihoe

I deserve that JIHOE

Dahyun: Jihyo
Dahyun: no
Dahyun: fuck, dude, you're not serious, are you?

Dahyun: Hyo
Dahyun: answer
Dahyun: please
Dahyun: so you're leaving? without a real goodbye?

Dahyin: fine, fuck you too then

Dahyun: Good to know you never cared
Dahyun: And that you're just going to drop Chaeyoung and I like that.

Dahyun: But it doesn't matter, right? You're gonna leave your friends who love you because of one inconvenience. You could've worked something out here at home. Stayed with me, or Chae or Sana. They would've taken you in, and so would I have.

Dahyun: Fuck you.

Oh, shit. If everybody is mad like Dahyun I'm fucked. I probably should've said goodbye... like, a real goodbye. I typed a quick response, worry flowing through my body.

Jihoe: Dahyun I'm so sorry. I really am, but it wasn't safe for me at home... forgive me? I love you, no homo. I'm in LA. I promise if this becomes a permanent thing, I'll visit you All. The. Time

Dahyun: sure you will

She fucking blocked me after that.

There wasn't much else to do to get dahyun to forgive me, so I moved on to Chaeyoung's messages.

Chae!: park jihyo
Chae!: you'd better be joking
Chae!: ...

Chad!: Jihyo?
Chad!: what the fuck

Missed call from Chae!

Chae didn't seem mad... right? I still felt like an asshole, leaving her like that. I responded to Chae with almost the same thing as I said to Dahyun before anxiously going to my messages with Sana. I was almost too scared to press the button and open the messages. I was practically trembling in anxiety. But I tapped it.

Sana: Jihyo
Sana: Please, we don't want you to leave.
Sana: You can't drop everything and leave to go to LA

Sana: Angel, you can stay with me or something

Sana: My Mom doesn't care.
Sana: Please baby

Missed call from Sana

Sana: Jihyo, please

Sana: Do I need to write a paragraph for you, because I'm fucking going to.

Sana: Baby I know it's hard right now. Your mom doesn't accept you, I know. It's awful. But you have me, Dahyun, and Chaeyoung. We all care about you so, so much. Don't leave us. God, just the thought of you being gone has brought me to tears twice tonight. If it'll get you to stay I'll let you see me in tears and you can fucking make fun of me for all I care. I know I've only known you for a month and a half, but we've been through enough for me to say, fuck it, I love you.

Sana: Are you there?
Sana: You're gone.
Sana: You left me.

Fuck. Fuck fuck fuck. Tears brimmed my eyes. My thumbs trembled as I typed and deleted paragraphs worth of words. I didn't want to make it worse, so I settled on a simple message.

Jihoe: I'm sorry, but I'm gone. I should've said goodbye. And, well, just like you said, fuck it... I love you too.

I turned off my phone and tossed it on the nightstand, tears falling down my cheeks. I tried to wipe them away, but they kept coming, especially when I got one last notification from Kik.

Sana: Then why'd you leave me?.