Party

That night, Dahyun decided that it was a good idea for us to go to a party. Like, a fun one. The kind that you see in fanfictions.

We invited Chae to come with, but she couldn't because of curfew and her parents wouldn't let her go somewhere out of the blue at 8 at night. Fair enough.

Now, I was almost 100% sure that Sana would be there, mostly because it was held by a girl named Moonbyul, who Sana had referred to as her close friend many times. Of course, I told Dahyun, but that only strengthened dahyun's point.

To make Sana jealous.

So, of course, Dahyun came over with a whole ton of clothes. and together we chose out some outfits.

~~

We left for the party together and drove dahyun's car. She doesn't drink, so she'd drive us home.

Once we arrived, we walked into a huge house. It was super hot in there, and shitty rap music was blaring through the speakers. There were sweaty teens dancing and grinding on each other everywhere. The floor was decorated with paper plates, beer cans, and red solo cups.

I immediately headed towards byul's pool. It'd be cooler outside. Dahyun kind of wandered off, and I didn't mind.

I sat on the concrete a good distance away from the pool, legs crossed and a red solo cup in hand. I spotted Sana at a table across the pool sitting with Moonbyul and a few other girls I recognized as chungha and Somi. They hadn't noticed me, but I was hoping I could find a way to make Sana 'jealous' before they did so I could fulfill dahyun's quest.

Before I could figure out a way to do that, Sana noticed me. I saw her point at me and whisper something to moonbyul, chungha, and Somi.

Fuck shit bitch cunt ass whore motherfucking damn crap shit bitch...

I didn't know what to do, so I stood up and started heading towards the door to go inside. I was almost inside when I spotted a certain somebody.

Soyeon.

Or, in a better context, the flaming lesbian that I dated last year. One that I could probably get all up on me again. I could make Sana jealous and, who knows? Maybe I'll have a good time if I hang around with Soyeon.

So first, I had to either approach Soyeon or catch her attention, and I was rooting for the second option, but I knew that approaching Soyeon would make my life a whole lot easier...

So, here we go.

I approached Soyeon with a friendly smile. I glanced back at Sana and her eyes were glued to me as I walked.

But the real question; Was she staring at my ass, or Nah?

Whatever, I made my way up to Soyeon. She was holding a can of Diet Coke. She always liked Diet Coke, but I never did. I never really liked pop, though. Fanta and Sprite were the only pops I ever really liked.

"Hey, Soyeon," I said all friendly-like.

"Oh, Jihyo, hi!" Soyeon said with a smile.

Soyeon began playing with a loose string on her jacket. It was the denim jacket she always let me borrow. She used to use iron-on patches so she could give the jacket some flare. Since the last time I'd seen it, it looked like she'd added more. I noticed a few new ones, a flame and a rainbow and a blohsh. She must still like Billie Eilish. I noticed she still had the 'J' she got for me ironed onto the denim material. It looked like somebody had tried to pick it off, but then re-stitched the edges that were ruined.

"So... How have you been?" Soyeon asked, setting her Coke can down on one of the tables.

"Oh, y' know... whatever," I said with a shrug. "Just the usual, I guess. Nothing too exciting has been going on. I'm not a very exciting person I guess."

"Ji, you are anything but boring," Soyeon said, raising her eyebrows.

Soyeon always used to call me Ji. I hated that nickname. If I wanted a nickname, I wanted something cute, not fucking Ji.

"Well, it's been pretty boring since we... y 'know," I responded shyly.

"Oh, speaking of which, how's your love life been?"

Oh, just fucking amazing. Yes, totally not head over heels for some insanely hot girl who currently hates me because she thinks I hate her. Augh.

"Eh, the usual. Relationships are stupid. I wish I could go back to something like last year before all that shit went down. It was so smooth," I said. Shortly after I realized it sounded like I wanted Soyeon back. I didn't want Soyeon back, but I did want to use her to get back at Sana...

"Well, why don't we then, Ji?"

Yes. Yes yes yes, this is working perfectly!

"Well, Soyeon..." My voice trailed off before coming back in a softer tone," Why don't we?"

Soyeon came closer, snaking her arm around my waist and whispering in my ear," I missed you, it's good to be able to call you my girlfriend again, Ji."

Wait... girlfriend?

Fuck.