Trust?

A couple of days later, Sana and I were back at the flower shop together for work. Except we weren't together, because our boss had made some 'new arrangements.'

"Ah, yes! Jihyo," our boss, nayeon, had said when I first arrived, waving me over to where she looked like she was giving Sana a talking-to.

As I sat next to Sana, she gave me this look of pure disappointment and pure panic. She even looked kind of angry.

"I heard some... complaints and finally decided it was time for a change. I made some new arrangements and pulled some strings to make some differences so the store will have a better environment and more productivity," the boss explained. "So, from now on, Jihyo will be working the storefront and Sana will work in the back with all the boxes and plants and decorations back there. There will be very limited times where you'll be able to see each other. Just when the store first opens and during lunch."

"Wait... what? Why are you changing things?" I asked in a panic. "We were adapting to our work schedule and environment just fine."

"As I said, complaints were made. Didn't you know about those certain complaints, Miss park?" Nayeon replied smugly.

"I didn't have a clue," I said truthfully.

"Don't you remember?"

Remember? Remember what? Who would be making complaints, and for what? Was it that one lady? But we hardly disturbed her! Our actions, while she was in the store, wouldn't be enough to get us completely separated. So who was complaining? Did Dahyun or Chaeyoung come in and tell Nayeon what was going on? They'd never do that, though. Did Sana make a complaint? Another customer? Who could've ruined this?!

"No!" I shouted, confused out of my mind.

"Well, complaints were filed. Changes were made. Now, get to work, you two," nayeon said, beginning to gather her things.

"What the fuck?" I mumbled to myself so only I could hear.

~~

The first half of the day alone in the empty storefront was agonizingly boring. I was so bored without Sana in the front with me to entertain me. We'd never had arrangements before, so what the fuck? I could've taken a nap.

Considering how excruciatingly bored I was, I was very content when lunch rolled around and I could go to the back to eat my sandwich and my container of barbeque chips. And visit with Sana, of course.

Sana was already in the back munching on a meat and cheese plate when I went to retrieve my sandwich from the fridge. I took a seat next to her and opened my lunchbox, digging in.

"Didn't even wait for me?" I asked playfully.

Sana simply hummed in response. Usually, she'd play around with me, or at least respond jokingly. She was always humorous and flirtatious, and I expected today to be no different... but what the hell was going on today?

When she didn't even joke around with me, I sighed and opened the group chat I made with Chaeyoung and Dahyun without Sana. I began typing away.

Jihyo: Today has been so weird. The manager separated us and now Sana isn't being humorous. She'll barely even look at me. S O S!

Dubu: Wtf that's w3ired.

Jihyo: IKR!!! I'm gonna try to figure out what's wrong. Send me luck.

"This sandwich tastes like how I imagine my grandfather's toenail fungus would," I joked. "It's all warm and shit."

"That's unfortunate," Sana mumbled.

My shoulders fell. "Talk to me, what's wrong?"

"Do you just expect me to act all normal even after what you said?" Sana snapped. "You should've just told me, Jihyo. I would have stopped."

"What do you mean?" I asked.

"I actually like you, Jihyo, and I thought there was a chance you might like me back. But when I heard what you said, I felt like I was being played," Sana said, pain lacing her voice.

"Said what?"

"To managing! The complaints!" Sana shouted.

"Wait," I begin. "You think I wrote the complaints?"

"The boss told me, Jihyo, so don't even give me that crap because I don't want to hear it because I know."

What.

The.

FUCK!?!?

What would nayeon have possibly told Sana? Because I didn't make any complaints. That is so fucked up! If I had actually done that it could've put our jobs in jeopardy!

"What did she tell you, Sana?" I asked, panicked.

"She told me that she was reading directly from your complaint," Sana began. "She said that you wrote," My coworker, Sana is very touchy. She likes to do inappropriate things with me on the job. PDA. I don't like it.'"

"What the fuck? I didn't write that," I defended myself.

"You didn't, now." Her voice was practically leaking sarcasm.

"I didn't!"

"Mhm," she hummed.

"Whatever," I grumbled. "If you want to believe Nayeon, go ahead. But I wouldn't write that about you, Sana. I kind of liked you too."

With that being said, I stood up, grabbed my lunch, and walked away.

Why wouldn't she believe me? After all that we'd done! I would never have written that about her, especially in such a manner. That would've risked Sana's job! And she knows that I like her. I know she knows. Why would she doubt me?

Either way, it looked like I'd be eating lunch in the storage room for a little while.

Alone.

~~

"What!?"

"I know, right?" I exclaimed.

"Why would your boss say that to her?" Dahyun yelled. After my long day at work, Dahyun and I decided to go to the mall to get smoothies and hang out outside of the H&M while we drink them. I had to 'spill the tea', as Dahyun always says.

"I know, right?" I exclaimed yet again, just a certain emphasis to my voice this time around.

"I can't believe this shit." Dahyun sighed.

"It's fucked up. I didn't rat Sana out, and we weren't even that misbehaved," I said. "I mean, yeah, we weren't on our best behavior, but we weren't, like, fucking in the back or anything too terrible."

"Your boss shouldn't be allowed to do that. That could probably be reported, Jihyo," Dahyun commented.

"To who?!" I asked.

"Well, I don't know that far...," Dahyun said sheepishly.

"Exactly. My boss lied and she's just gonna...," my voice trailed off, looking for the right words.

"That scumbag is going to get away with her bullshit!" Dahyun cried out.

"Exactly!"

I felt so angry. So angry. I just wanted to scream. So you know what we did?

We walked to the Hot Topic across the mall