Part 2

As soon as the elevator doors opened, she took her aviators off; stepping into the office. People were running around; papers flying around; frantically. Samantha quickly walked over to her desk, sitting in her chair. As she swiveled, she saw her boss Barb hustling towards her. Her thick blonde hair swaying with each step, she had piercing blue eyes, long thin legs and an attitude not worth sixteen dollars an hour. Samantha fixed her hair, logging into her computer quickly.

"Thank god you're here Samantha! I need you to meet me in the conference room in twenty minutes!" Barb yelled frantically, pacing a little.

"What's going on? Why is everyone freaking out Barb?" She asked quickly. Barb flashed Samantha an angered look, huffing loudly.

"Did you not check your email this morning!" She yelled, pausing to bite the end of her pen. "We were bought out by a company from New Jersey." She said, pacing back and forth; her heels clicking loudly. Samantha's face drained, the panic had finally started to set in. Who bought us out? Am I going to lose my job? Samantha opened her email, scrolling quickly, his face instantly came up. Samantha's heart dropped, her fingers gripped her desk and she forced a quick smile to Barb. Her chest felt like it was on fire, her breathing became uneven.

"Oh, Jackson Wright bought the company." She said softly, instantly feeling sick to her stomach. She hadn't seen him in three years, but instantly the smell of his expensive cologne came back to her. His bright smile, penetrating blue eyes and solid build. Samantha felt her breath shorten, barely able to inhale; the sharp pain in her side coming back. She came back to reality and Barb was screaming at the entire office.

"Ten minutes! Everyone in the conference room! Bring a notepad or laptop! Notes! Notes! Notes!" She yelled, clapping for everyone to hurry. Samantha wiped the perspiration from her brow, slowly grabbing a notepad. She stood up swiftly, only to drop back down. She thought this was all over, now she'd have to face him and she didn't know how she was going to react.

Samantha walked into the conference room eight minutes later, standing behind a tall guy from the mail room. Jackson was standing at the end of the conference room table, his tall stature, with a freshly shaved face , chiseled jawline and a tight black suit. Samantha gave a grimace of pain, swallowing the mound in her throat. She continued to hide behind the tall mail room guy, her chest tightening. Jackson's smile widened as everyone important took their seats. He gave a bullshit speech on how things weren't going to change and what he expected from our team. She rolled her eyes, he was a pompous asshole with no remorse. He stated that he would be running this team from the offices on the top floor and would come down periodically to keep up morale. She scoffed, gripping her pen tightly. The tall mail room guy shifted, turning to scowl at her. She looked at him angrily, scribbling the nonsense coming from Jackson's mouth onto the pad of paper. What the fuck am I going to do now? Find another job? How am I going to tell Josh? He quickly dismissed the group of analysts, asking the managers to stay on. Samantha felt a rush of relief, as she followed closely behind the mail room guy.

"Samantha! Where is Samantha!" Barb yelled, looking around. Samantha swallowed, her heart pound as she stepped back from the crowd, her focus on the floor. "There you are, sit please and take notes." Barb demanded, sliding Samantha her laptop. Samantha quickly grabbed the laptop, sitting down forcefully. Jackson's attention was on another manager, as she pulled up a word document. He quickly looked up, his eyes shifting towards Samantha. Fuck.

"Samantha Lucas!" He said sweetly, his eyes burning her skin. "How have you been?" Barb turned to her, shooting her a look. Samantha sighed, smiling her biggest fake smile she could give.

"I'm great! Glad to see you again." She lied enthusiastically, squeezing her pen. He nodded, walking over to her slowly, his piercing blue eyes never leaving her gaze. She shivered, trying to calm her anxiety as he approached her.