Part 4

The next few days seemed to fly by fast and as she walked up to the revolving door, exhaling deeply as she glided through the entrance. She knew he wouldn't always be on her floor but if he harassed her in any way she would just go above him, even tell Barb. The elevator dinged open, everyone was sitting at the desks, quietly working away. Barb came parading out of her office, her long blonde locks swaying with her hip movements.

"Oh Samantha! Thank goodness you are here!" She said, walking up to Samantha's desk. "Please don't ever get sick again, anyone else compared to you is just so.." She paused, looking up. "Incompetent." Samantha giggled at Barb's notion, pulling out her chair. "Please check emails and proceed from there." She said, walking towards an analysts desk.

"No problem." Samantha said, opening her emails. She worked diligently up until lunch, tackling the tasks Barb sent with ease. As workers started for the lunch room, Samantha took out her phone, texting Josh.

Samantha: hey babe, want to grab a quick lunch?

Josh: ugh! I can't today, stuck in meetings all afternoon. Currently in a shit storm meeting rn...save me babe save me..

Samantha giggled to herself, knowing he was making light of his current situation.

Samantha: aww ok 😪💔

Josh: Dinner at our house right? Or will you finally let me take you to my favorite restaurant? 😬😬

Samantha: Fuck it let's go!

Josh: ly babe see you soon🥳🥳🖤

Samantha smiled, sliding her phone back into her purse. She loved the way he always sent a black heart, because their hearts were both black. They both knew that they chipped away at each other's darkness. She stood up from her desk, walking towards the elevator, pushing the button. I'll just go grab a hot dog. The doors opened, his blue eyes caught her breath.

"I'll just wait for the next one." She said quickly, her breath ragged.

"Oh! Don't be silly Samantha, please come on." He said smirking, his eyes locked on hers. Samantha exhaled, stepping onto the elevator; standing polar opposite from him. "I'm glad to see you took our offer." He said arrogantly, pushing his smooth black hair. The doors closed, her stomach sank to her ass.

"I needed the job or I wouldn't be here." She sniped, tucking her black curl behind her ear; shifting uncomfortably. He stepped closer to her, his breath only inches from her neck. He wrapped his hand around her arm, gripping tightly. "Let go of me!" She yelled, tugging her arm from his grasp. "If you touch me again, I am going to HR!" She screamed, as the doors opened up. She quickly stepped from the elevator, as he followed closely behind, a smirk forming across his face. She picked up pace, hurriedly walking through the revolving doors. He followed her, grabbing for her arm again.

"Wait!" He shouted, pulling her backwards like a rag doll. "Look, I gave you the job because you deserved it. I've seen your work but no one here knows about our past. I'm not that kind of guy anymore Samantha, I promise." He said, his lips curling into a frown. Samantha looked up at him, scanning his face for sincerity.

"Great." She said shortly. "But you took something from me I will never get back. Please do not talk to me or ask me for anything. If something needs to be done for the company, please go through Barb." She said, pulling her arm again from his grasp. She turned to walk away, walking up the street to a food truck. She stood in line behind a short older woman with brown hair, turning to look back. He was walking towards her, his suit flaps flopped in the breeze. She quickly ordered her hot dog, pulling her wallet out to pay. He pulled a twenty dollar bill from his money clip, handing it to the cashier. "Thank you." She said, grabbing her hot dog and soda from the vendor. He grabbed his change, stuffing a ten dollar bill in the tip bucket.