Part 10

The week flew by, our celebrations only beginning. Josh went above and beyond, making her feel special in front of Jessica and her date. He praised her over and over for her acceptance. As she got ready for Josh's family's Easter dinner, she looked in the mirror, staring back at this once torn person. She smiled at herself, knowing her darkness was almost non existent. Josh had tackled her demons head on and she felt more secure in their relationship, than she'd ever felt in any relationship. He found new ways to make it known that he really was in this for the long haul. He walked up behind her, distracting her from her thoughts. He wrapped his long toned arms around her once fragile body, burying his head in her neck.

"What are you thinking about?" He asked, whispering in her ear; his lips sending shivers through her body. She turned, running her hands up his torso to his face. She cupped his face in her tiny hand, caressing his cheek.

"How happy you make me. How I can't believe I am standing here right now. How I've never felt more alive." She paused, standing on her tippy toes to kiss his lips, softly. "I am forever grateful for you, Joshua James. You helped me see the light out of this dark chaotic tunnel of life and love." He smiled, kissing her lips again. He pushed her against the sink, her hands wandered up his neck, her fingers twirling the back of his hair. He cupped her round ass in his large hands, placing her gently on the sink top. He pulled back, licking his lips, biting his bottom lip as his eyes focused on her.

"There's no other way, then us. All I see is us, you are an inspiration I needed in my life. I can't wait to see the people we become, together. I want forever with you Samantha Lucas." He said, stepping back from her and kneeling. Her heart started pumping, what felt like out of her body. This cannot be happening! I can't believe this is happening! He quickly pulled her from her thoughts, pulling a small rectangle shaped box from his suit pants. Her breath caught and she slid off the sink, hovering over him with her hand over her mouth.

"Samantha," He paused, opening the small box, revealing a diamond encrusted band, that twirled into a princess cut diamond in the middle. She felt herself squeal, her hands still covered her mouth. "I want to be able to wake up next to you every morning. Have our kids climb in our bed on the weekends, waking us up. Traveling the world with you. I want to see you become what I already know you to be, an amazing person. I can't imagine my life without you, Samantha. Please take this life journey with me, marry me?" He said in waiting, his green eyes looking up at her. She smiled, her insides jumping, her heart pumped a little harder. She pulled her hands away from her mouth.

"Are you sure? Like really sure, we've only been dating for four months. I mean.." He stood up, cutting her off with a long finger over her mouth.

"Yes, Samantha. I'm sure, I haven't been more sure of anything in my life." He said, looking down at her. She looked up at him, biting her lip.

"Then, yes. Yes, I'll marry you." He picked her up, spinning her around the bathroom, yelling yes over and over again. She smiled and laughed all at the same time. She couldn't believe this was really happening to her. He put her down, gently grabbing her left hand, sliding this gorgeous ring over her thin finger. She looked down, her cheeks burned from smiling so hard. He picked her up again, as she wrapped her legs around his torso. Their lips clashed together, as he spun them around again. Her body was pulsating from the excitement, her heart beating faster than it ever had. Is this what it feels like to truly be happy? I said, yes. I fucking said yes! Yes, to the most handsome and successful man in the world. Well in my eyes. They pulled apart, as she giggled to herself, leaning back as he spun them again. He smiled at her, pulling her back up to meet his eyes.

"You are the most beautiful woman in the world. How did I get so fucking lucky?" He asked, setting her down gently. She smiled up at him, chuckling at him, rolling her eyes. He growled at her, pulling her in.