CHAPTER NINE

The cafeteria was crowded with hungry students, loud chatters everywhere— vampires, and humans gathered around to eat their lunch.

Renjun, Jaemin, Jeno, and Jisung settled in the corner, occupying one of the huge tables inside. normal human foods on top except for the aluminum cans beside each plate—blood

Jisung took a sip on his can while listening to the others' chatters— mostly girls that's clinging onto them just for bed.

"You know I have this girl."

"What's the difference?"

"Shut up," Jeno hushed, his smiley expression turning dark while glaring at the blue-haired man who's laughing.

"Did you score?" Renjun asked nonchalantly.

The said boy showed a big smile and said, "I did. I kinda pressed her, and she gave in."

"That's my brother." Both of them shared a high-five.

Jisung rolled his eyes and took a spoonful of rice. "Jaemin-hyung is really the only good influence on me."

Jaemin chuckled and patted his head. "Want me to share my experience?" he asked while wiggling his brows.

The youngest had his mouth open. "Or not," he sighed, and just continued eating, internally wishing that he'd be deaf enough to hear their unholy conversations.

"Mine's hot. Sadly, she's not from this school, and the last time I saw her, she's still limping." Jaemin proudly said, which made them laugh.

"Dang, my brother, you learned from the best." Renjun added.

"Jaemin learned it from me, you fucker." Jeno said.

"Oh yeah, want to have sex competition?"

"On it"

"The fuck, there's a minor here, damn dumb shits!" Jisung groaned and sulked.

The others cooed at how cute and 'innocent' he is.

"The last time I saw you French kissing someone." Renjun said with a sweet smile.

Jisung slapped his arm and huffed, "At least I just kissed. Not f-u-c-k."

"Just say sex," Jeno deadpanned.

"Ugh people," the youngest facepalmed.

"Vampire!" the other three corrected.

"By the way, you're classmates with Nahyun?" Jaemin asked.

"Yeah why"

"Nothing"

Jeno smirked, a scene playing in his head. "Hey Renjun, I like that Nahyun girl."

"Don't you dare."

"Hmm? Last time you held back, so I thought you didn't like her."

"It's because-"

"Wait, what? Renjun-hyung held back?" Jisung asked with both eyes and mouths widening. Jeno nodded happily.

"Fuck you" Renjun grumbled.

Nahyun happily went to her locker and sighed in relief when she got there without disturbance. She grabbed her history book as she was planning to study at the apartment for the upcoming quiz.

The classes had already ended, and Nahyun lowkey wished to be a vampire instead, as she could just teleport back to her bed without further ado.

She cringed at the thought when she remembered that vampires feed on blood.

"Hi Nahyun," a black-haired boy stood in front of her, a small mole beside his right eye, and had a muscular figure—dang, he's hot.

"Uhh hi?"

"Hi, I'm Jeno, Renjun's half brother."

"Oh.. you're brothers..."

The boy nodded, and Nahyun mentally cooed at how adorable his eye smiles looked.

"So.. why are you here?"

"Oh yeah, I know that this is sudden, but I wanted to ask if you want to hang out."

"Hangout? Me? Uhh, why me?"

"Don't worry, I'm not preying on you; it's just that you seem interesting and nice."

Nice.. haha, okay, I'm nice.

"Umm but-"

"No, she means no." A familiar voice cut her off, and they both looked in the direction.

Jeno smirked like he knew something.

I got you, Renjunie.

"Renjun? what-"

"How about you head home, angel? More vampires might be around when the skies get darker."

"But it's still five."

"Angel, go now" Renjun said with a warm, comfortable smile.

Nahyun paused for a moment and nodded. "Uhh, yeah bye?" she awkwardly said and stormed out of their sight.

Did he just call me an angel?

Jeno laughed in amusement and showed a teasing smile. "Angel, huh?"

Renjun glared for a second and sighed. His body is tired from dealing with him.

"Not now, Jeno, let's go home."

"Alright angel"

"Lee Jeno."

"Relax, okay" he said, raising both hands up in surrender while chuckling.