CHAPTER THIRTEEN

Another chilly morning came, and half of the students were already awake.

Nahyun, who just got showered and changed into an oversized hoodie and sweatpants, walked to where Jieun and Lucy are.

"Oh, hey, Nahyun."

"Hey Lucas, where are the others?"

"Up for a morning hike, I guess"

Morning hike? Sounds fun

Lucas frowned after hearing her thoughts and pointed to her, "No, you can't."

"But I want to!"

"I said no. Yana just messaged me last night to watch out for you."

"And if you'll not. She'll kill you." she chuckled.

"Great guess" Lucas groaned.

They talked for a few minutes before Nahyun excused herself. She went back to the tent, grabbing a cup of coffee, and started preparing for it.

Nahyun settled on the same rock where she sat last night, eating the noodles in a satisfied manner.

A tap on a shoulder made her turn back, seeing a sweaty Renjun clothed in a hoodie and hiking shorts. "Can I have a bit?" he asked between his heavy breaths.

Nahyun looked at the cup and saw that it's already halfway eaten. "Should I prepare a new one for you instead? I already ate half of it."

"It's okay. I'm" he groaned painfully and shut his eyes closed, gripping on her shoulder for balance.

Nahyun stood up while holding his hand, brushing his hair away from his eyes. "Injun-ah, are you okay?"

"Nahyun, go away," he growled, hand-massaging his temples.

"How are you feeling? Are you sick?"

"I said go away, please."

Renjun felt his veins poking out of his neck, his nails turning sharper as his empty stomach churned with hunger. He hasn't consumed blood for a day and a half now.

Nahyun internally panicked when she saw his fangs poking out, taking a step back, yet she still reached for his cheek, rubbing it gently. "Renjun, are you hungry?" she softly asked.

"Nahyun, I don't want to hurt you!" he shouted, making the students around him who heard him turn to look in the direction.

"Oh shit" Lucas mumbled and ran to them at full speed.

Nahyun's breath hitched at the clear view of his bloodshot eyes, pointed fangs, and neck veins. She wanted to run, but she can't. She can't move.

A wind passed through them, and Renjun's inner demon growled at her scent. He was about to take a step forward when a strong force pushed him away, and Nahyun disappeared from his sight.

"Nahyun, are you okay?" Jieun worriedly asked the moment Lucas dropped her far away from the boy, and the students began crowding around her, asking if she'd been hurt.