CHAPTER SIXTEEN

It's been three days.

Three days of Renjun purposely ignoring Nahyun like she's a ghost or an embodiment of wind.

For Renjun, this is a sort of action to protect her.

But for Nahyun, it's the opposite.

Between those three days, the girl can just question her own purpose and her own existence—am I not important?

Pacing back and forth in her room, thoughts of their memories since day 1 clouding her messed-up mind.

The way he shot a glare, the way his eyes flash just to scare her, the way he'll whisper flirty things just to tease her, the way he holds, hugs, and shows her the protection that she needs—the kiss.

"The kiss, ugh" she groaned and slumped on her bed, clutching her hair and aggressively shaking her head in an attempt to forget that specific memory that's running like a broken replay.

A loud knock on her locked door made her stop and look up. "Nahyun, let's go!" Myungho shouted.

Nahyun forced a sigh and stood up, standing in front of a full-body mirror, to fix her black crop top and especially her disheveled hair.

As soon as she stepped out, the three went directly to the parking lot to get to Myungho's car and drive to Tantiana.

Nahyun sat quietly on her own seat, her back leaning on the backrest, her shoulders slumping, and a hand gripping her pen.

She let out a long, quiet sigh and suddenly felt her heart tug like one-second lightning. Looking up, she met Lucas' eyes, noticing how worried he looked.

Nahyun showed a small smile and just decided to bury her head on her folded arms above her armchair.

Renjun, on the other hand, can feel the distress in her scent. Her once sweet, calming scent turned into something negative, and it infuriated him.

He closed his eyes, letting out a deep sigh. He decided to stare at the window like he always does.

He knows it's his fault. but it's better this way—well, for him.

Two classes ended with both Nahyun and Renjun being mentally absent.

Lucas spared glances at them, shaking his head. for someone who can hear their thoughts? He himself can't even handle their antics.

The bell rang; it was finally vacant time.

Renjun didn't waste a chance to get out of the classroom. He needs fresh air. Fresh blood?

Nahyun saw him storming out. She contemplated for three seconds but finally decided to follow him.

Lucas was about to grab her, but a hand stopped him.

"Did you see her follow him?"

Xiaojun sighed, "Let them be."

"She'll just get herself killed!"

What could go wrong?

Renjun went past the back gate, turning onto a narrow street.

Nahyun carefully trailed behind, though she didn't know if the boy could feel her—he didn't.

Renjun was clouded by his anger. He was mad at himself for being a dick. He can't even explain to her what's happening or confess his real feelings. He never asked to be born royal, and he loathes it so much.

Passing by countless streets, he finally saw a scent he's become familiar with: needy.

Nahyun watched him strode to the drunk woman from afar. She hid in the shadows of dark walls, her eyes darting on his back.

It was rather an open eye for her, the realization hitting—the vampire she saw that night is him.

She chuckled bitterly, remembering that he was kind of hot, feeding off human blood with droplets gushing off his lip.

Renjun didn't waste time cupping the woman's cheeks and kissing her aggressively. His eyes flashed red like they used to.

Feeling satisfied with the attention, he immediately ripped her turtleneck shirt, digging his fangs into her exposed skin.

Nahyun gasped. Even though she saw countless vampires doing this, the thought that it was Renjun made her feel different things.

Did he kiss me because he wanted to hook me up and kill me, just like he was used to doing?

Did he make me fall for him so he could claim me like a toy right after?

The said vampire shut his eyes, and a tear freely escaped from his eye. It's painful

"As fuck" he chuckled bitterly, opening his eyes just to see the body already turned into ashes.

He wiped the droplets of blood gliding on his jaw with the back of his hand.

Just as he turned back, he froze at the sight of very familiar eyes.

The eyes that he fell in love with.

"Nahyun?"

The sound of her name made her snap back from her shock.

Nahyun stepped out more from the dark, his eyes meeting his bloodshot ones. She showed a small smile. "It's fine, I'm not scared" she said with a minimal volume, just enough for him to hear between the quiet streets.

Renjun saw her slowly turning back and walking away.

He just stood there, feeling pain.