CHAPTER TWELVE

Evening

All the students gathered around the bonfire, happily eating while chatting. The teachers already told them to set aside the stress and problems they have, as this is the mission of the healing camp.

Nahyun and Jieun sat next to each other, laughing about how Jieun's partner, Lucas, slipped in a lake of mud during the stroll.

"Lol, I should've been there!" Nahyun said between her laughs.

"Enough now, ugh. I'm trying to get rid of the memory." Lucas pouted.

Meanwhile, Renjun just sat there quietly beside Nahyun, not wanting to disturb her happy moment or talk.

The happy dinner passed by, and it's now 10 PM, a fixed time for them to go to sleep, but because it was their first day, they managed to ask the teachers to give them another hour, to which they agreed.

"Ji, I'll be outside." Nahyun said, wiggling herself out of her sleeping bag.

"Sure, just be safe."

Nahyun hummed in response and got out, slipping in her rainy boots.

The cold wind breeze made her shiver as she sniffled, pulling her hoodie closer to her body.

Nahyun settled on a huge rock beside the bonfire in an attempt to get warmth that satisfied her.

"Nahyun"

Looking up, she was greeted by his normal dark red eyes, making her beam into a smile. "Injunie, aren't you tired?"

"Should I be tired?"

"Oh, do vampires don't sleep? Uh, no, Yana do sleep, though."

"We do"

She then scooted aside and patted the space beside her. The boy raised a brow, giving an 'are you serious' look, but she just chuckled and walked over to him.

Nahyun pulled the hem of his hoodie, dragging him to sit beside her.

"You're unbelievable," he muttered, and she just nodded.

"Aren't you cold? I mean, you're sure cold, but I mean, get cold like—"

"Depending on the situation." he cut her off, and his eyes trailed on her sweater paws, which were reaching for the warmth from the fire.

Renjun grabbed her hands, trapping them with his. A sort of warmth escaped his palms, making Nahyun sigh in relief.

"Thank you" she mumbled.

The boy opened her right palm and pointed to it; a fire bolted, which made her breath hitched.

"It's okay, it won't hurt you." Renjun said with a reassuring smile and gestured a twirling motion with his index finger.