CHAPTER TWENTY-EIGHT

Two days had passed since the incident, and both Nahyun and Renjun still felt that it had just happened for several hours.

They were seated in their classroom, both silent and uncomfortable.

Nahyun felt gazes on her back but was too scared to look at them.

Renjun has his eyes darting toward her, observing.

A light knock on his desk made him snap back. Turning aside, he saw Xiaojun.

"She'll melt" he said.

"Who is she?"

"Why?"

"I have these dreams about that Nahyun girl, but I don't know if she's that Nahyun, and I want to know."

Xiaojun gulped and felt uneasy. He pressed his lips into a thin line and forced a chuckle. "Are you sure her name is Nahyun?"

"Son Nahyun, I literally shouted her name when I woke up."

Xiaojun met Lucas' eyes and threw him an assuring smile.

"So, can you tell me who's this Nahyun in class?"

"Um, she's from Osaka."

Renjun raised a brow. "That's it?"

"Do you want me to know more about her?"

He sighed and shook his head. "Never mind. Go back to your seat."

Pull yourself up, Renjun.

It's close to 6 PM, and Nahyun continued to walk on the streets at a slow pace, head hung low, hands gripping on the straps of her bag.

Huang Renjun, the only name, and only person that's been on her mind recently—since the summer actually

He is a full-blooded vampire; his scent tells it all. He's a dangerous one, but why am I feeling like this? I don't know him. Why am I

A hand suddenly pulled her, causing her to shriek, and a car zoomed just a meter from her.

Her breath hitched and her eyes widened at the road as her heart raced with nervousness.

"Look at where you're going, will you?"

A familiar voice made her snap back and look at the person.

"Renjun?"

"Gosh, Nahyun, you have two eyes! You're alive, and well, why?" he cut off at a sudden weight.

He felt his nerves calm and saw the girl tightly hugging him.

Her head was pressed against his chest, her hands encircling his waist. He smelled the tiredness and distress in her scent.

"T-thank you" she mumbled with her shaky voice.

Renjun took a deep sigh and brought his hands up to her back. He felt the warmth again.

If his heart is still beating, it could've raced by now.

"Nahyun, you're safe now," he softly said while gently caressing her hair. "Next time, don't space out, hm?"

"I love you."

"I love you too."

Nahyun immediately pulled away, causing him to look at her worriedly and ask, "Hey, are you hurt?"

"Huh, no.. I-"

"Hyung!"

The two turned in that direction and saw Jisung skipping towards them. His smile then faded when he saw them together.

"Nahyun noona.."

"Jisung, let's—oh," Jaemin halted, and Jeno showed up beside them not long after.

Nahyun intently looked at them and saw another vision again.

"Did he do something to you?" Jaemin asked, and Renjun scoffed.

"Nothing. We're just having a little talk, that's all."

"Oh, I'm Jaemin by the way."

"Hi, uhh, I'm Jeno, by the way, Renjun's brother."

"Oh, you're brothers."

"Yeah, I know this is so sudden, but do you want to hang out?"

"Noona! Hi, I'm Jisung!"

"Ji, you're scaring her," Jaemin scolded, but he just giggled.

"I hope you'll remember my name."

"Nahyun?" Renjun's voice made her snap back and lightly leap in shock. "Are you okay?"

"I..uhh." She took a glance at the three again and turned to Renjun. "I should go home."

"Let me walk you home."

"No thank you.. really.. umm.. see you tomorrow!" She then threw a smile and ran away, not wanting to look back.

"Do you think she's seeing us?" Jisung whispered.

"It looked like it when she saw us." Jeno answered.

"Renjun, let's go home," Jaemin called, and the said boy just nodded, and they went home silently.