2: Because of Feelings

Irene went up the stairs, following Wendy. She knocked on her bedroom door and let herself in. Wendy was sitting on the edge of her bed, facing the window.

"Wendy?" Irene looked at Wendy from her door. "Anything wrong?"

Wendy looked down, still facing her window. "It's nothing…" She lied.

Irene sighed and walked closer to Wendy. She sat beside Wendy and wouldn't look elsewhere, but the girl. She examined Wendy's face again. Wendy noticed her and slightly blushed. "W-What is it…?" Wendy looked at the other direction.

"There's something wrong." Irene wouldn't stop trying to get her eyes to meet with Wendy's. "... Is it about earlier?"

Wendy faked a smile and slightly scoffed. "W-What do you mean-"

"Is it about the reality tv show Seulgi and I will be in?" The girl caressed the side of Wendy's cheek. "Look at me."

After a while of hesitation, the girl finally faced her crush. Their eyes met and Irene's hand was still on her cheek. Wendy's eyes were filled with sadness, jealousy, and slightly anger. Irene knew those eyes. She just kept silent. "... So it is about the reality tv show…" Irene let go of Wendy's cheek, making Wendy a little more sad. "You're not happy about it?"

"N-No, that's not it…" Wendy looked at the ground once again. "I am happy for you, for the both of you." She tried to fake a smile.

".... Then what is it?"

"Just… just forget it." Wendy was about to get up when Irene grabbed her wrist and pulled her closer beside her. Wendy wouldn't stop looking at the ground.

"Wendy, you can tell me anything. I'm here to listen." The girl tried meeting her eyes with Wendy's once again.

Wendy finally looked at Irene in the eyes. It took some courage to finally decide to tell her how she felt. She scoffed. "What is wrong with me…"

"Nothing is wrong with you-"

"That's not it…" Wendy's voice lowered. "I-I don't know… I-It's just… It's just…" Wendy couldn't finish her thought and looked elsewhere.

However, Irene knew Wendy so well, that she knew what she was feeling. "It's just that you're jealous?"

Wendy widened her eyes and looked at the girl. "W-What-"

"Why would you be jealous?" Irene placed her hand on Wendy's cheek and looked at her in the eye. "Hm?"

Wendy couldn't help but blush by the way Irene was caressing her cheek and looking at her in the eyes. "I-I…"

Irene pulled Wendy in for a hug. The older girl wrapped her arms around Wendy tightly. Wendy was confused. "U-Unnie…?"

"It's okay…" Irene rested her head on Wendy's shoulder. "Don't worry… It's nothing more than that… okay?" Wendy felt a little confused but wrapped her arms around her crush's slim waist.

"Let's just stay like this for a while, please." Irene begged and wouldn't let go of the girl. Wendy's heart started to beat faster. She could smell the wonderful scent from Irene. She just loved how she smelled so much. 

Irene let go of the hug, still arms on Wendy's arm, and looked into the girl's eyes. Wendy just looked back at her without saying a word. Irene looked down on her lips and gave the girl a kiss.

I haven't mentioned that they do things like kissing?

Well, they have kissed only a few times.

That's what made Wendy confused about their relationship, and no one else knows they kiss. Wendy was sure her crush liked her back…

The girl gave Wendy a passionate kiss which lasted about 7 seconds. "Wendy." Irene broke the kiss and smiled.

Wendy wouldn't stop blushing and she was very red. Irene giggled. "Let's go. They're concerned about you." The older girl stood and offered the younger girl's hand and they both walked out of Wendy's room.

•••

The next day, Irene and Seulgi had a meeting about the upcoming reality tv show. Wendy was walking with Joy outside.

"Unnie." Joy said as the two were walking side by side on the pavement. "What happened yesterday? Why did you suddenly leave?"

Wendy took a deep breath. "It's nothing, really."

"Really? Nothing?" Joy clearly didn't buy it. "You didn't say a single word when Seulgi unnie told us that she and Irene unnie will be in an upcoming reality tv show. Was it about that?"

The girl knew she couldn't lie to Joy. "Maybe…"

"What, maybe? So it is about the reality show!"

"It was just a little jealousy, okay!" Wendy looked at the ground as they kept walking. "Nothing much, it isn't a big thing."

Joy grabbed onto Wendy's wrist, making them both stop on the pavement. The younger girl looks into Wendy's eyes. "You're jealous… do you… have feelings for one of them…?"

Wendy let go of Joy's hand on her wrist. "N-No… We're just friends."

"If you're just friends, there shouldn't be much of a reason to be jealous in the first place." Joy looked at the other direction and smirked. "I really think you like one of them."

Wendy tried changing the subject. "Hey, are you thirsty? It's really hot-"

"Is it Seulgi?" Joy looked at Wendy's eyes.

"W-What? Seulgi's my best friend." 

"You gotta be jealous because of one of them…" Joy lowered her voice. 

"You're being-"

Joy interrupted Wendy. "You like Irene, don't you?"