9: Because Trapped

The following day, Joy, Yeri, and Seulgi arrived at the massage shop. Little did you know that Yeri's relative was into this too? Well, she's just going to help Wendy and Irene check in.

The three little mischiefs prepared themselves into their 'employee' wear and waited a while for Irene and Wendy to come in separately. Well, they hoped they'd come in separately.

Irene came in first and gave the fake coupon to Yeri's relative and helped her check in. She took Irene's things and put it in a closet where all her belongings will be in. She then accompanied Irene to the room she'll be having her 'massage' in.

The massage room was a small room that had two massage tables, and since Yeri's relative's massage shop wasn't big enough for seperate rooms; there were only actually two rooms and each room had two massage tables in it. Pretty uncomfortable being with another random person.

Yeri's relative left her there, as Irene was undressing and laid on the massage table, on her stomach. A towel was covering her lower area, while her back was exposed. She placed her head on the head rest.

A couple minutes past, and finally Wendy arrived at the massage shop and went through the same thing Irene did.

Wendy noticed that a lady was already in the room, but she didn't think much of it because she thought the other room was in use. The girl prepared herself for the massage and did the same thing Irene did.

After a while, Yeri and Seulgi finally came in, trying not to speak, otherwise they'd get caught. Yeri was massaging Irene and Seulgi was massaging Wendy. They were trying their hardest to contain their laughter, because the two didn't know that they were together in the same room. 

After around five minutes into the massage, Seulgi tried her hardest to speak in a different voice and said, "We'll be right back." Yeri and Seulgi left the room.

Luckily, Irene and Wendy fell for it.

Joy then locked Irene and Wendy in from the outside, and there wasn't a way to unlock the door from the inside. The three went to the back room for employees only and tried to laugh maniacally in victory, the quietest they could.

"Okay, okay!" Yeri whispered and tried to silence Joy and Seulgi. "Let's just wait for their reactions!" The girl started laughing again. 

"Wait!" Seulgi said. "There are no cameras in there! How are we supposed to see how they'll react and fix things?" 

Yeri realized it and immediately frowned and left her mouth open. "Oh, hell."

Meanwhile inside the massage room….

Around fifteen minutes passed and Irene and Wendy were still in the same position. They were waiting for so long for the 'masseuses' to come back. Irene didn't know if she should call out for one of them; but in her head, they were wondering why they were taking so long. Wendy was wondering the same thing and called out.

"Hello? Is there anyone there?"

When Irene heard that voice she immediately jumped and turned to the girl who was still lying on the massage table. She really hoped it was someone else.

"Hello?" Wendy called out again and got up from her headrest, to see Irene looking back at her with a shocked look. Wendy gave the same reaction back at Irene. "I-Irene unnie?!"

Wendy immediately covered her body using the towel that covered her lower area. Irene did the same. "What are you doing here, Wendy?" Irene asked, still shook. 

"I-I got a coupon that'll expire tomorrow, so I went here before it does…" Wendy sat on the edge of the massaging table. "I thought you were a random person lying on the table!"

Irene shook her head. "I got a coupon too, so I went here!"

Wendy just nodded her head and silence took over them…

"I'm wondering what's taking them so long…" Irene looked at the door.

"I'm not sure." Wendy stood and walked to the door. "I'll check if they're outside." She held the doorknob and tried to twist it, but it was locked. She tried to twist it again. Still locked. She tried shaking the doorknob; it didn't work. "Uh…"

"What is it?"

Wendy turned to Irene. "The door's locked."

"What?" Irene stood from the massaging table and walked to the door. She tried twisting and shaking the doorknob, but the door was still locked. 

(Duh!)

"Why would they lock us in?" Wendy slowly began to panic. "All our stuff is out there! How are we supposed to call for help?!"

"I don't know!" Irene's expression turned into a worried one and a slightly frustrated one. "I don't think they can even hear us from outside!" 

Wendy sat back on the massaging table. "Fuck, we're trapped!" She slapped her hand on her forehead. 

Irene let out a sigh and sat on her massaging table. Her massaging table was so close to Wendy's, because the room was very small and hot. The lights were dim, and there was no air conditioning in the room.

Again silence… 

"Wendy." Irene said, as she looked at the ground. "Can we talk about what happened weeks ago?" She looked straight ahead of her, looking at Wendy.

Wendy scoffed. "It doesn't matter."

"Why?" Irene slightly raised her voice. She was tired of hearing Wendy saying things don't matter, it's not important. "Of course it matters!"

"What, me saying 'because I love you', matters?!" Wendy looked up and faced Irene with an irritated expression. 

"Yes! In fact it does!" Irene was getting irritated too. "I couldn't stop thinking about what you said! Did you actually mean it?!"

"So what if I mean it?" Wendy coldly said. "Look, it's nothing. Let's just forget-"

"Wendy, stop!" Irene slapped the massaging table and she looked very irritated now. She was turning red. "Wendy, I can't do this anymore! I can't handle avoiding you, I can't handle not talking to you, I can't handle not being able to do anything with you, and I can't handle us being mad for just one reason!"

"Why?" Wendy was also turning red in anger. "Why-"

"Because you're special to me!" Irene slapped the massaging table once again. She wanted Wendy to listen to her. "Our relationship is like no other relationship! Wendy, can you take a hint?!" Irene was breathless after all that yelling.

When Irene said 'take a hint', did she really mean that she had feelings for Wendy? Or was it something else?

"I…!" But something pulled Wendy back from saying how she felt and the reason why. It has been really hard for Wendy recently, because she has been hiding the reason why inside her. From Irene. "I… I know!" 

"If you knew, then you should've told me and we could've been happy and not avoiding each other!"

"I always knew! It's just- I just can't!" Wendy was so frustrated that she couldn't even face Irene. She turned to her side and faced the wall.

"Wendy, you said that last time! You can't what-?!"

"Irene, I can't be with you!" Wendy faced Irene and she was burning red. "I already told you why!"

"It's not fair!" Irene looked at Wendy's eyes with pure anger. "What's stopping us from being together?! What's-"

"Seulgi is in love with you, that's why!"

Finally, the words slip out of Wendy's mouth.