11: Because She Didn't Want Her to Hate Her

Irene and Wendy put their towels back on and tried calling out for help. They were slowly beginning to get hungry and thirsty.

"Hey! Is anyone out there?!" Wendy banged her hand against the door. "Hello?! We've been trapped in here for almost an hour and a half! Hey!" She continued to bang on the door.

"Okay, Wendy, that's enough." Irene grabbed the girl's arm and pulled her away from the door.

Wendy sighed. "I'm so hungry." She sat on the massage table, exhausted.

"I know, me too." Irene placed her arms on Wendy's shoulder, as the two sit on one of the massaging tables.

"Whoever locked us up is sick!" Wendy crossed her arms and pouted. "What if our stuff were taken?"

Irene rested her head on Wendy's shoulder. "Let's hope it wasn't taken…"

Silence.

However, even though the two did a lot of things together, Wendy still felt like Irene should be with Seulgi, and not her. 

"U-Unnie…" Wendy said in a low voice.

"Hm?"

"Unnie, despite the things we did, do you think it will be hard for you to move on?"

Irene got off of Wendy's shoulder and faced the girl. "You're still talking about that?" The two made eye contact. "Wendy, you still think I should be with Seulgi? Despite everything we did together, you still want me to be with her?"

"Unnie listen." Wendy took a deep breath. "I'm selfless. I really want Seulgi to be happy…" Her voice lowered. "... And you two really looked like a couple when you linked arms with her that day…"

"But you can't make me change the way I feel about you." Irene placed her hands on the girl's shoulder. 

"But maybe she can make you change the way you feel about me soon…" Wendy mumbled. 

She sadly smiled to herself, but that's what she chose.

"Wendy, stop."

"No, unnie. You stop." Wendy looked at Irene in the eyes with a calm expression. But Irene knew her eyes could also tell she was hurting.

"W-What?"

"Unnie, stop saying we should be together." Wendy took a deep breath. She always liked the thought of her and Irene being together, even from the very beginning she met her. But when Seulgi told Wendy she liked Irene, Wendy didn't want to argue over Irene. 

Because she didn't want her best friend to hate her.

"You can't change my mind. Even if you don't end up falling for Seulgi, I- just- just don't ask me to be with you because it'll hurt seeing her best friend going out with the person she loves the most." Wendy stood from the massage table.

"Wendy do you not care about how I feel about this entire situation?!" Irene stopped Wendy, by grabbing her wrist. "I can try to talk it out with Seulgi!"

Wendy shook Irene's hand off of her wrist. "That's not the point! You don't get it! How would you feel if you saw your best friend going out with the person she loves the most?! Huh?! I bet you would feel all sad, hurt, and betrayed by your own best friend!"

"What the hell, so I basically spent all my time flirting with you behind all their backs, for no reason?!" Irene was once again red.

"No-!"

"Wendy I don't understand you anymore!" Irene backed up from the girl. "I don't understand why you're doing this all for Seulgi…" Her voice lowered.

"Because that's what real best friends do." Wendy took a deep breath and silence took over them.

They heard the door unlock, but they ignored it and they kept their gazes on each other. "Unnie promise me, you'll try your hardest with Seulgi." Wendy lowered her voice, as Irene was beginning to tear up. "You wouldn't regret falling for her. Trust me." Irene kept silent, but kept listening to what Wendy had to say.

"Unnie, when I see you with her, I want you to look at her with the happiest face you have ever expressed, even if it was happier than when you were with me. When I see you with her, I want you to tell her how much you love her…" Wendy began to tear up, as Irene's tears have already fallen down her cheek.

The door unlocked and opened. "Hey guys-!" But Yeri went silent when she saw the situation.

"... When I see you with her…" Wendy kept her eyes on Irene and didn't bother turning around. "... I want you to forget about me."

Irene stepped closer to the crying girl. "Wendy-"

"Unnie… goodbye." 

Wendy turned around, facing the door, to see that Joy, Yeri, and Seulgi were there and they looked at her with eyes filled with guilt. Wendy wiped her tears and went through the three, ignoring them.

They were guessing Wendy went to grab her stuff and change, then leave the shop.

The three turned to Irene, who fell on the ground, crying her heart out. Seulgi and Yeri went in the room to comfort her, meanwhile Joy went after Wendy.

After Wendy changed, she went out the door and in her sports car. Joy followed. "What the hell just happened back there, Wendy?!" Joy stood outside the girl's car, as Wendy buckled her seatbelt.

"I'm sorry, I just-" She sighed. "I did it for Seulgi."

"Wendy, I thought you love Irene! Someone who loves another, wouldn't give up just like that!" 

"Yeah, but now I'm giving Seulgi her chance to confess!" Wendy started her car, making Joy back up a little. "Seulgi deserves to be with the person she loves the most."

"And you don't deserve to be with the person you love the most?" 

That made Wendy think and stop what she was doing. 

"I-I, I just-" Wendy sighed. "I'm sorry." She started to drive off.

Joy knew she couldn't call out to Wendy, as she was no longer in her view. She let out a huge sigh and went back inside to see how Irene was doing.

Maybe it was really goodbye for Wendy and Irene…