7: Because I Like Her Too

"... It's because I love you."

Irene widened her eyes and slowly let go of Wendy's wrist. She was frozen and didn't say a word, but kept looking at Wendy, as her eyes became watery due to frustration and confusion. 

A tear fell from Wendy's cheek and looked at Irene with a frustrated look. The two didn't say a word after. Wendy looked back at the door and exited the bathroom, leaving Irene all shook.

… Maybe Irene wasn't expecting that, because she didn't love her in that way… ?

Then what about those times when they hugged, kissed, and smiled at each other with those expressions they've never done to anyone else?

And what about that time when Irene said she wished they could stay with each other forever…?

… Maybe Irene meant it in a different way.

Maybe Irene meant that she wished to stay close with Wendy all the time, and did all those kissing and hugging, just as a sign of their very close relationship.

But even Irene questioned Wendy what type of relationship they were in. Maybe the older girl was curious because she didn't want her and Wendy to be in that type of relationship. 

Maybe those times when they did couple like things, was only to calm each other down, and it never really meant anything… 

… Or even maybe the reason why Irene was shook when Wendy confessed, was because she didn't know how to react back because she felt the same way… ?

Who knows? Irene can be puzzling at times.

•••

After hanging out with Sunmi, Seulgi arrived home, greeted by Yeri at the door. "Thank god you're back!" Yeri immediately pulled Seulgi inside the house. Yeri looked around to see if anyone was nearby. When the coast was clear, she said in a low voice. "I have some news. Hurry!" 

The young girl hastily walked up the stairs and in her room, waiting for Seulgi to come. Once Seulgi was done putting her shoes away and her things, she knocked on Yeri's door.

Yeri immediately opened the door and checked if the hallway was clear before pulling Seulgi in her room and closing the door behind her.

"What was that for?" Seulgi chuckled.

"Shh!" Yeri grabbed Seulgi's arm and made her sit on the edge of her bed. "Okay, a lot of things happened while you were gone!" Yeri was standing in front of Seulgi.

"What happened?" Seulgi looked very curious.

"Okay so," Yeri grabbed her desk chair and sat in front of Seulgi. "I was in the living room, pretending to use my phone and listening to music, then Wendy unnie and Irene unnie came down."

"Wait, like they came down separately? Or together?" Seulgi asked.

"Separately!"

"Okay, okay!"

"Anyways," Yeri leaned in closer to Seulgi and began talking in a lower voice. "Wendy unnie and I were sitting in the living room, meanwhile Irene unnie was busy trying to slice a watermelon at the kitchen, but then she was having trouble slicing it in half. She called out to me but I was pretending to not hear her, to see if Wendy unnie would help her.

"Then suddenly, the next thing I knew, I heard a knife drop and turned to Irene unnie to see that her finger was bleeding a lot. Wendy unnie hurriedly went up to help her. She said something like 'you should be more careful next time', to Irene unnie. Then they went to the bathroom I think."

Seulgi was slightly surprised. "You didn't follow them to the washroom?"

"No." Yeri leaned back against her chair. "I would've got caught, so I decided not to follow them."

Seulgi let out a sigh. "So that's all that happened?"

"Oh!" Yeri hastily went and leaned closer to Seulgi once again. "I remember! I couldn't hear them well, but I think I heard them yelling in the bathroom."

"Do you know what they said?"

"Hm…" Yeri leaned back at her chair and crossed her arms. "I think I heard them yell something like, 'why are you avoiding me', 'you think whatever you think isn't important to me', 'Wendy, do you think I don't care', I don't know, something like that…"

Seulgi was surprised and also crossed her arms. "God…" Inside, she was curious about the things Yeri told her. She wished her crush would also be that curious toward her too.

And that's when Seulgi started to think that maybe Irene liked Wendy.

"Oh and…" Yeri spoke. "There was like this pause between their argument and the house was very silent. Even me. But I think I heard a small voice say something about love… I think one of them said 'because I love you', but I don't know which one of them said it."

This time, Seulgi didn't bother hiding her emotions and expressions, and made a very shocked look. "'I-I love you'…?" Her voice cracked.

"Yeah…"

Seulgi was wondering what the two have been doing alone, behind their backs. "... What have those two been doing alone…? When we see them, they would just be friendly to each other… but imagine them being all flirty behind our back?" Seulgi cracked her knuckles. "Were they that attached behind our backs, enough to say 'I love you'...?"

When they're just with Joy, Seulgi, and Yeri, they would just act normal and friendly to each other, with smiles on their faces. But then when it's just the two of them, they would sometimes kiss, but they have only kissed a few times. They would also sometimes hug, and be very close to each other.

Even sometimes behind their backs when the others are not looking; they'd intertwine their fingers and be all touchy to each other.

"We don't know." Yeri said. "Maybe. I think we just got to be more observant." The young girl crossed her legs on the chair and got comfy. "I wonder too, what they do alone, or even behind our backs."

Seulgi was showing a slightly ticked off expression. Yep, Seulgi was jealous. She got comfortable with Yeri and didn't care anymore about hiding her expressions and emotions with the young girl.

"U-Unnie, are you jealous…?" Yeri looked at the girl with a surprised look.

Seulgi once again cracked her knuckles and looked the other way without saying a word.

"Oh my god, unnie!" Yeri gasped. "So you are jealous!"

"Whatever." The girl kept cracking her knuckles.

"Unnie, do you like one of them?" Yeri leaned closer to Seulgi on her chair. 

Seulgi gave a small smirk. "Even if I do, I just know you'll tell someone."

"I won't!" Yeri made a begging face. "Pweaaseee tell me! I won't tell anyone! I promise!"

"You better not." Seulgi let out a sigh and leaned closer to Yeri. "I-I like Irene unnie…"