13: Because This Is Goodbye

It was night, and Irene hopped in Seulgi's car, and the two drove to a hill. The city lights and stars were shining brightly and the view was amazing from up where the two were.

Seulgi parked her car and Irene got out. "Wow, this is amazing!" Irene smiled as she looked at the view.

"Yeah." Seulgi closed her car door and walked beside Irene, who was leaning against the railing. "I-I wanted to show you this place, but I never really got the chance."

"We should go here often to relax. It's really peaceful here." Irene inhaled the cool air.

Seulgi leaned on the railing beside Irene and took deep breaths.

Okay Seulgi! You got this! Just tell her how you feel and hope she feels the same way! You've been waiting so long for this moment and now's the right chance! You could do it!

"U-Unnie…?" Seulgi's voice cracked. Irene turned to look at Seulgi. "Hm?"

"U-Unnie, listen…." Seulgi played with her fingers. Her heart began to race.

"Hm?" Irene only looked at the panicking Seulgi. 

"I…" Seulgi took a deep breath and looked at Irene in the eyes. "I-I like you."

Irene just looked at Seulgi with her eyes wide open. She knew that Seulgi liked her, it was just unexpected. "I've liked you for quite a long time, unnie…" Seulgi took another deep breath. "I'm wondering if you feel the same back…"

Irene just smiled at the girl and looked at the view without saying a word.

How did Irene feel? Did she like her back too?

Seulgi on the inside felt like she was being rejected, but in a way that wouldn't hurt her. She breathed heavily and slowly looked at the ground with sad eyes. She didn't say a word.

She then felt a soft hand slide into hers and intertwined their fingers. Seulgi made a small gasp and looked at Irene who looked back at her with a happy expression. "U-Unnie…?"

Irene leaned in closer to Seulgi and kissed the girl passionately. Seulgi was shook but was happy at the same time. She even wondered if it was reality.

So maybe Irene did like Seulgi back.

Maybe she did move on.

Irene let go of the kiss. "Does that explain your question?" She smiled at the girl.

A tear came down Seulgi's cheek. "S-Seulgi-?"

But then Irene was cut off by Seulgi's lips onto hers. Seulgi's tears were tears of joy. She didn't want the kiss to end. Her heart was racing so much. As she kissed her crush for the second time, she felt butterflies in her stomach. 

Irene broke the kiss, speechless. She wiped the tears off of Seulgi's face. "U-Unnie…" Seulgi held tightly onto Irene's waist and rested her head on her chest.

"Shh…" Her crush hugged her back tightly. "I won't leave. I'll be here for you. Always."

Seulgi looked up to Irene and gave her another long lasting kiss.

Now Seulgi can be forever happy with the one she loves.

•••

Two weeks have passed and they have finally released the reality tv show. Wendy decided to watch their show, and knew she would feel all the pain and sorrow rushing back to her. But her best friend was in it, so watching her wouldn't hurt, right?

Joy on the other hand, was out of the house and was on her way to meet Yeri and Seulgi on the set. She was five minutes late. Nearly at the building, she realized she forgot something in the house.

"Ah, shit!" Joy slapped on the driving wheel. "My phone!" She hit a red light and slapped her forehead. "Fuck! If I turn back now, I'd be really late!" She looked around in rage and thought of something. "Oh yes!"

She pushed the voice command in her car and said to dial Wendy's number.

Wendy was so focused on watching the reality show, that she didn't notice that her phone was on silent. Joy called for about three times, and Wendy was so hooked on the tv.

"Oh come on…!" Joy let out a breath she hit the gas, as the traffic lights turned green. "Well, my only option now is to call Irene unnie…" She pushed the voice command and dialed Irene's number. Luckily, she picked up the first try.

"Hello?"

"Unnie!" Joy was rushing. "Unnie, you know the passcode to the apartment, right?"

"Yeah, why?"

"Okay, because I left my phone somewhere in the kitchen and I'm really late to the set! Can you please pick it up and bring it here?"

Irene heard Joy's car drift through the call. "Okay, okay! Yah! Be careful! I don't want you to go in an accident!"

"Okay, thank you so much unnie!" Joy ended the call and sped.

Irene arrived at Joy's apartment and was pressing the buttons on the passcode.

Wendy heard the door open and turned off the tv. "Huh? Why is Joy back home so fast…?" She sat up on the couch and waited for her to walk to the living room.

Irene walked over to the kitchen and didn't notice Wendy looking back at her. She grabbed Joy's phone from the kitchen counter and looked up to see Wendy all shook. She didn't say a word.

"I-Irene…?" Wendy began to feel awkward and sad. "What are you doing here…?"

Well that didn't sound welcoming.

"I just came by to pick up Joy's phone." Irene showed Joy's phone in her hand. "She left it and told me to pick it up."

"I wonder why she didn't ask me to bring it to her…" Wendy whispered to herself and got her phone. She turned it on to see three missed calls from Joy. She widened her eyes. 

"Well… I'll go now." Irene was walking toward the door when Wendy got up from the couch and stopped her.

"Wait."

Irene let out a small sigh and looked at Wendy. "Yes?"

"How… how are you doing?" Wendy looked at the girl with eyes filled with sorrow. Her heart was aching, just seeing Irene doing alright without her.

"I'm doing great." Irene smiled. 

She's doing great… 

Wendy continued to look at Irene with those sad eyes of hers. "T-That's… great."

"Yeah, I'll be doing fine, now that I'm with Seulgi."

That hurt, Irene.

"That's great…" Wendy's voice cracked. "Congrats!" She tried to force a smile. Wendy put her hands in her pockets and began to feel her eyes water. She looked at the ground.

At least now Seulgi can be happy.

Irene gave her a small awkward smile. On the inside, she felt the pain Wendy was going through and just wanted to give her a comfort hug so bad… but she did nothing. She looked at the girl in the eyes with the same expression Wendy had.

"I…" Irene quietly said. "I gave you a chance, Wendy." The girl continued to look at the ground. "I gave you a chance to be with me… and…" Irene shook her head. "... and now you've lost it…" Irene slowly walked to the door.

"Irene…" Wendy still looked at the ground, as her heart ached and ached. "Take care of Seulgi…"

Irene expected Wendy to tell her that she still loves her, that she'll stop her from leaving, and will just come up to her and hug her and kiss her… but all she heard from Wendy was all about Seulgi again. That's all she's been hearing from her mouth.

Maybe Irene had second thoughts… 

"This is goodbye, Wendy."

And out the door she went.