12: Because She Missed Her

It was a day before filming the reality tv show, and Wendy and Irene have not seen nor talked to each other since. Wendy went to stay with Joy in their new apartment, and unpacked her belongings.

Maybe Wendy was going to live with Joy for a while… 

The two didn't talk about what happened in the massage shop, and didn't want to talk about the three setting them up. Wendy and Irene just wanted to forget about everything that happened back then. 

Everytime Joy wanted to visit or see Irene, Seulgi, and Yeri, she'd always make sure they'd meet up at either one of their homes and not hers, for the sake of Wendy. 

Yeri and Seulgi have not seen Wendy, but they would text her at times to check up on her. 

Wendy was in her room, thinking about Irene. She's been thinking about her for the past couple days. She's been thinking about the things she's done and said to the older girl. 

Inside, Wendy missed Irene so much.

But she didn't have the audacity to show up. A part of her is saying that maybe Irene is better off without Wendy being around her, that she needs to move on or has moved on, that Irene can maybe fall in love with Seulgi…?

Just thinking about that makes her cry. But that was her final decision. 

"Unnie?" Joy knocked on the girl's door, before letting herself in her room. Wendy turned to the door and looked on the ground once again. Joy walked closer to her. "Are you alright?"

"Yeah… I'm fine…" Wendy lied. She looked hopeless and her eyes didn't look as bright as before.

"Are you sure…?" Joy lightly placed her hand on Wendy's shoulder and sat beside the girl, at the edge of her bed.

"Y-Yeah…" Wendy let out a sigh. "I-I'm- I was deep into my thoughts."

"Unnie, if you're thinking about…?"

"No, I'm not." Wendy looked at Joy and forced a small smile with those sad eyes of hers. "Don't worry."

"What is it then?"

Wendy let out a sigh and looked at the ground. "I-I don't know… I…" Her voice lowered. "I just miss her so much."

"So you are thinking about her." Joy tried to make eye contact with Wendy. "Unnie, you didn't have to do that-"

"Well, I did." Wendy looked at Joy in the eyes. "I did…" Her voice lowered.

Joy let out a sigh. "... Do you regret it?"

"I mean, no…" Wendy fell on her back and layed on the bed. "I mean, I hope I won't regret it…" She grabbed a pillow and hugged it. "I-It's for the best…"

Joy let out a sigh and looked at the time on her phone. "Unnie, I'm going to see the three at the set. Are you sure you don't want to come visit?"

"I don't have the courage to see Irene yet…" The small girl continued to hug her pillow.

"What about the others? You haven't seen them in a while too."

Wendy sat up and looked at Joy, still hugging her pillow. "I'll see them next time."

"Alright…" Joy leaned close to Wendy and gave the girl a kiss on her forehead. "I'll be going now. Bye."

"Bye."

And off Joy went. 

•••

It was filming day 1 and for the first episode, Irene and Seulgi went to a couple of places and did activities together. The two had so much fun together.

As days went on, they filmed for more episodes and gradually, Irene and Seulgi became really close to each other. Seulgi was really happy to be with the person she loves the most and wanted to take her time with Irene. 

The production crew haven't uploaded episode 1, as they haven't finished filming for the week. 

It was the evening on the sixth day of the week, just a day before the last day of filming, Seulgi went to talk to Yeri, outside at a small bridge. The two were leaning against the railing, watching the sunset.

"Ooo so how's Irene unnie?" Yeri waggled her eyebrows with a smirk. Seulgi nudged the young girl's shoulder and smiled. "Yah! It's going great." Seulgi wouldn't stop smiling.

"That's good! So, are you going to confess tomorrow?" 

"Honestly, I'm nervous." Seulgi let out a breath. "I'm scared if she doesn't feel the same about me…"

Yeri patted Seulgi's shoulder. "Just go for it. You'll never know how she feels if you don't tell her how you feel. Don't worry."

Seulgi looked at the younger girl. "You sure?"

Yeri made a comforting smile. "Yeah. Let's hope she feels the same way about you."

"Okay." Seulgi got off the railing. "It's getting a little dark. Irene unnie might be looking for us."

"Yeah…" Yeri and Seulgi started walking home. "She might be a little lonely since Wendy unnie and Joy unnie are no longer living with us…"

"Yeah, it was a little too sudden… maybe it was because of what happened at the massage shop?" Seulgi looked at the ground.

"I have no clue what happened between them." Yeri let out a sigh. "But one thing is for sure is that they didn't make up, I guess."

However, the two actually did make up, and really did make up, but they got into another argument and boom, they started avoiding each other once again. 

Seulgi slightly pouted her lips in thought. "Let's just hurry home…"

•••

The next day, for the last day of filming, Irene and Seulgi went to an escape room, and then went to a haunted house. Most of the time, Irene held onto Seulgi because she was scared of whatever was going to pop up. Seulgi on the other hand, was panicking inside because her crush was clinging onto her. She also tried her best to act brave for Irene.

It was around evening and they were still filming. They went to a restaurant to end the whole reality show, and talked about how they felt.

"Honestly, the activities we did together were so much fun." Irene said. "Because it was our first reality show, in the beginning I wasn't sure how to act on camera because there wasn't really a script of what I will say or do, unlike when I'm acting for a movie, so I had to be careful of my words and actions."

"Seulgi, how did you feel?"

"I felt the same as unnie." Seulgi explained. "I was careful with my words and actions, but soon enough after a couple of days into filming, I got used to it and started being more comfortable around the camera."

The two kept talking to the crew and the camera, as they kept eating. Soon enough, they bid goodbye, as the reality show goes to an end. 

"Hey unnie." Seulgi whispered into Irene's ear.

"Yeah?"

"I want to bring you somewhere after all of this. Are you busy?"

"Well… it's getting late. I don't really have anywhere to go after."

"Okay." Seulgi smiled brightly at Irene.