CHAPTER 4

It's been two weeks since I moved into the castle and Nabir has brought out the talker in me, not that I am complaining at all. I just talk to her though, and remain silent to everyone else, except when the king talks to me, which he hardly does.

 Like I had told Nabir, every day we brought breakfast to his study, but after 3 days of him yelling, we began to do it before he came in so that he wouldn't tell us to take it away. I also formed the habit of caring for the flowers in his room. They are beginning to actually grow, and I am excited! Just joking, I have to change the flowers every day, I tried to care for them, but the sunlight wasn't enough. The king came to my chambers last week and was beyond angry and even yelled at me for the breakfast ritual I started. I apologized to him and continued like he never told me to stop. 

I might be pushing his buttons a bit too far, but I honestly care about his health. His people take pride in him and I don't want him falling sick or getting any unnecessary illness just because he's avoiding breakfast. Also, from what I've managed to gather from my snooping, I was right. The king wants people to fear him, but I don't know why. It probably has something to do with his past.

It's getting late and I have just changed into my dress for the night. I stand by the window and look outside gazing at the stars. I really miss my family. I wonder how they are doing. Sighing, I climb into my bed and shut my eyes. I believe it's still night when they flutter open much later because outside is still dark, but there was a sudden sound I heard and movements that I felt on the bed that caused me to wake up. Before my brain can decipher the situation, I feel something around my waist. My breath hitches when I look down to see a large hand around me.

"Relax, I'm not going to do anything," I hear from behind me. I let out a soft sigh of relief when I find out it is the king. Wait...THE KING??!! What is he doing here? He hasn't come into my bed since after that first night.

"My Lord, is there a problem?" I ask after mustering up enough courage. His hand tightens around my waist and he pulls me to him till I feel his chest against my back.

"No"

I am honestly comforted and a bit happy that he's here, but I can't help but feel confused altogether.

 "Is there anything you need My Lord?"

"Face me," he says after a few minutes. 

I internally curse myself for asking that question. I turn around and face him, his hand still on my waist. The sight of his bare chest does something strange to my insides. I told you, I'm sexually attracted to him. His body is sculpted to perfection. My hands itch to run their hands over them but I resist that urge. I look up only to see him staring at me. I honestly can't tell what's going on in his head.

"Are you still upset with me?" I ask, a bit scared of how he might react.

"...No"

"...Were you upset because I cried?"

"...No"

"...Why were you upset, My Lord?"

He doesn't answer me. What in the world is happening here? He's doing nothing but staring at me.

"Why did you keep bringing breakfast for me after I yelled at you to stop?" he asks, bringing me out of my thoughts. I take a deep breath, I know he won't harm me, he just wants people to fear him, please don't harm me.

"Breakfast is the one meal you shouldn't miss. It's very important for your well being. Your people need you, so if anything happens to you the Kingdom will fall apart. Plus...I actually do care about your health." It's the truth. For the 2 weeks, I've stayed here, I've actually grown to care for him even though he doesn't.