CHAPTER 20

This rat is really overstepping her boundaries and it is getting on Lady Oma's last nerves. Who does she think she is? She has been the king's woman for over 3 years. She constantly struggles to get this man's attention but just a sneeze from Saya and the king is already running towards her. What kind of dark magic is this? Saya has only been here for 2 months! Yet it seems like she has the king wrapped around her finger like a ring!

Lady Oma storms back into her chambers, her maids following her. She collapses on the bed, her face red with anger. She never knew she would have this kind of competition! When the king threw her off his lap the day Saya came in, she thought it was mere instinct for a man to want to claim a woman like her. But no, it got worse, he almost scarred Oma just because of a simple injury to Saya's leg!

She had found an opportunity to get back with the king when he had returned from the battle at the borders but he didn't even spare her a glance. He walked up to his chambers shutting her out, only for her to wake up the next morning and hear the maids gossiping about Saya spending the night with the king.

No! She needs dark magic of her own, wherever Saya gets hers she needs more! Much more! No one will take the king away from her, and if that pregnancy is true, she will have to get pregnant as well.

She must!

***

Xerxes walks Saya up to his chambers and helps her sit down, taking a seat beside her.

"I'm really okay, just a bit tired," she assures him, who is still staring at her in concern.

"How about the baby?"

Saya smiles at him, happy that he is concerned. "The baby should be fine, I didn't stress myself too much. The resistance obviously didn't think their plan through."

She notices Xerxes is still concerned but he's avoiding eye contact with her. She gently cups his cheek, turning him to face her. "My Lord, what is it?"

He doesn't answer her.

"You don't want to talk to me?"

He still doesn't answer. She sighs, getting up from the bed, heading to the door.

"Where are you going?" he asks, frowning.

"I'll leave you to cool off, I need to give your brother a proper thank you anyway,"

"Get back here" he says, before she can take another step. She turns around realizing that he's furious now. Just because she mentioned his brother?

"You're still upset"

"You're making it worse"

"How? Is it because of Lord Stephan?" she notices his hand clench immediately she mentions his brother's name. It's not possible there is bad blood between the two, if not he wouldn't even be celebrating his birthday here. Then what is it that is making him so upset?

Whatever it is, she finds his frown...enticing. If he is upset just by hearing his name, pushing his buttons might be a game of chance, but she's bored anyway. She turns towards the door and says,

"You need to cool off My Lord. I'll just see Lord Stephan for a bit and I'll be back before-"

Xerxes grabs her arm and bangs her against the wall, causing her to gasp. How did he do that so fast? He was sitting on the bed a second ago!

"M-My Lord"
"I hate when you do something when I have told you the opposite."

"I apologize My Lord," she says, bowing her head. She was probably pushing her luck too much. They're not that close, so this game she had in her head was a terrible idea. He lifts and carries her to the bed, laying her down and climbing on top of her, his legs by either of her sides.