Chapter 6

I couldn't keep the smirk off my face as I stared Lucas down. This was golden. The universe was having a blast.

"Doesn't she look like a princess Sebby?" Clara asked Lucas, expecting an answer.

"Princess isn't the word I would choose." He said, eyeing me.

I just rolled my eyes, "Okay Clara, why don't you come with me? We need to get the rest of this paint off of you and then we have a movie to finish watching." I said as Lucas let her down and she ran back into the kitchen.

"So you're following me now huh?" Lucas called out to me.

I turned and smirked at him, "In your dreams...Sebby."

I didn't stay to look at the reaction of the use of his apparent nickname and just followed Clara into the kitchen to finish cleaning her up.

Once I'd gotten all the visible paint off of her she ran back into the living room and unpaused the movie to continue watching it. I followed her back in and sat down to finish my painting. Lucas was nowhere in sight, and I was pretty happy for that.

Once The Little Mermaid ended, she put on Beauty and the Beast and her attention couldn't be pulled away.

As I was finishing up my painting, Lucas made his reappearance. He looked like he'd showered, now in jeans and a t-shirt compared to the gym clothes he'd been in when he arrived. He had a leather jacket in his hand that he draped on the arm of the couch when he walked in.

"Alright princess, I'm leaving." He spoke up.

That got Clara's attention. He head shot towards her older brother, "No! You can't leave!"She exclaimed.

"I'm sorry princess but I have somewhere to be." he said.

Rebecca's Party I thought to myself, it was about 8 o'clock which meant things would likely be picking up soon.

"Can you stay please?" Clara asked, giving what appeared to be her best puppy dog eyes.

I spoke up, "She's going to bed once this movie is over." I said helpfully.

He glanced at me before looking at Clara and sighing, "Fine. But when the movie's done you need to go to bed, okay?" he asked her.

She nodded vigorously, "Okay!" She squealed before plopping back down on the couch and outstretching her arms as Lucas walked over.

I smiled to myself as I put my brushes down. I'd managed to stay pretty clean so I hadn't used a paint shirt. I started to put my paints away.

"Ariel can I see?" Clara asked excitedly, getting off the couch and running over.

I smiled, "Yes, but don't touch it okay? The paint's still wet and we don't want it to get smudged." I warned her.

She nodded before I turned it around to show her. Her eyes lit up and, "Sebby look! Look it's Ariel and Flounder and Sebastian!" Clara squealed as she looked at my painting.

I smiled to myself, glad she liked it. Lucas stood up and walked over. When he looked at the painting he couldn't hide the impressed look that came across his face as he quirked an eyebrow, "Wow. That's pretty cool huh Clara?" he asked.

I'd painted Ariel (The Little Mermaid Ariel), Flounder, and Sebastian on the canvas against a blue background that swirled like the ocean. I was pretty proud of it honestly.

"It's so cool!" She exclaimed.

"Well you can keep it." I told her and she dropped her jaw.

"Thank you!" She squealed, launching herself at me to hug me tightly.