Chapter 8

I woke up to the less-than-pleasant sound of someone puking their brains out. I sighed to myself before opening my eyes to see who was the culprit.

I should have been able to guess it was Maya. She'd been in the worst shape the night before. And when my eyes opened she was hunched over one of the trash cans. Miles and Cole were also awake, not in as bad of shape as her but they definitely didn't look like they were having a good time.

Cole noticed me sitting up first, "Where are we?" he asked, his throat scratchy.

I got up and grabbed a water bottle and some Advil before handing it to him, "My basement. You guys were too drunk last night so I just brought you all here." I answered as he took the water bottle.

Maya sat up from the trash can, "How much did I drink?" she asked.

"I couldn't tell you. Drink lots of water though. All four of you." I said, turning to Tyler who had just woken up as well. He had been pretty sobered up when he went to bed but he definitely was dehydrated from the night before.

"Ugh," Maya groaned, holding her hand to her head, "don't ever let me do that again." she said.

I just smiled, "Oh but it was so fun  to watch you try to play MarioKart." I teased.

Cole was sitting up, staring groggily at the wall, "Why do I have a vague memory of a girl cat fight?" He asked, looking at me.

I smirked, "Because there was one. Well, the start of one, at least." I replied.

"Oh yeah. I remember. Peyton went after you. Grabbed you or something and then you did some kind of ninja move. Then next thing I knew I was in the back of your car in your driveway." Miles spoke up for the first time after chugging an entire bottle of water.

"Ninja move? I don't remember any ninja moves." Cole spoke up.

I just smiled, "Don't worry, nothing happened. She was just drunk and got in my face. She yanked my hair and I pushed her off before getting out of there." I answered with a shrug.

Just then, the door from upstairs opened and my mom came down the stairs. She gave a small smile, "Hi everyone, I'm Ariel's mom. I just wanted to let you guys know that there's breakfast upstairs for you all. I know food likely doesn't sound appealing to you but it's there if you want it." she said.

I smiled, "Thanks mom." I said as the others thanked her as well.

"Thank you Mrs. Montgomery." Tyler said.

"Oh please, call me Mairead." She said with a smile before walking back upstairs, closing the door behind her.

"What kind of accent is that?" Maya asked.

"Um, Irish." I replied, looking down at the ground quickly.

"That's so cool. I didn't know you were Irish. I'm guessing she's from there?" Maya asked.

I nodded, "Yeah pretty much the whole family on her side is from Ireland." I answered.

"That's really cool," Cole spoke up, "have you ever been to Ireland?" he asked, out of the blue.

I quirked an eyebrow, surprised, "Yeah I have." I answered honestly.

"That is so cool. I've never been out of the country." Miles spoke up.

"Yeah it was great. Anyways, I want food. So you guys can follow." I said, changing the subject. I did not want to get into that.

I climbed the stairs with the others following, and led them into the kitchen where food was laid out on the island. My mom or dad must have gone to the bakery because there were donuts, bagels, and pastries on trays with butter, jam, cream cheese, and a bowl of sliced fruit and two gallons of orange juice and coffee.