Chapter 18

We were quiet in the car as he drove. I'd come to terms with the fact that he wasn't going to tell me where we were going, and I wasn't in the mood to talk about anything else, so we stayed quiet, only the music from the radio breaking the silence.

After about a half hour we pulled into a parking lot. I looked around, trying to get some kind of clue as to where we were, but it looked like we were at the back of the building, so there were no signs or anything. 

I looked over at Lucas, "Where are we?" I asked.

He smiled, "You'll see." was all he said before hopping out of the car. 

Before I could do it myself, he ran around to the other side of the car and opened the door for me. He held out his hand dramatically, "Princess." he said.

I smiled and took it, stepping out of the car. He kept ahold of my hand as we walked towards the building; something I tried not to look too deeply into. 

We walked into the building and he led me through a hallway to the other side of the building where we came up to a front desk. I read the sign and looked over at Lucas, "Axe throwing?" I asked. 

He smiled brightly, "Yup." he said before turning to the man that was sitting behind the front desk.

He paid for admission and then we were led to another room, where there were three targets, and at least twenty axes on a rack, with safety goggles on a table, "Lucas, I'm sure you can show her how it works." the man said with a smile before beginning to close the door.

"Thanks Mark." Lucas called out before the door closed all the way.

I turned to look at Lucas, "Come here often?" I asked. 

He just gave me a goofy grin and shrugged, "Come on Princess. Let me show you how it's done." he said before leading me over to the rack with the axes. 

Lucas and I spent the next hour or so throwing axes at the target. We found out quickly that I was actually pretty good at it.

After a while I was smiling, having almost completely forgotten about what had happened earlier. Almost. 

When we decided to finish up, he wasted no time getting me back in the car and driving us over to a plaza down the street, and pulling into a restaurant parking lot. 

We ate a late lunch (since I hadn't gotten to enjoy mine earlier) before we checked the time and knew we had to start heading back, since I had to babysit for the weekend and needed to get back to my car that had my weekend bag and everything. 

We were quiet in the car for a while before I spoke up quietly, "I'm not pregnant." I said. 

Lucas kept his eyes on the road, "I know." he said. 

I turned to look at him, "How?" I asked. 

He glanced at me quickly and gave me a smile, "Maya told us the test you bought yesterday was for her." he said. 

I nodded but didn't say anything as he spoke up again, "I didn't need her to tell me anyways. I still knew you weren't." he said confidently. 

I quirked an eyebrow, curious now, "How?" I asked. 

He shrugged, "You spend all of your time either at school, with me and Clara, with me and the others at the gym, or just with me at the gym. Besides, I'd like to think you would've come to me if you thought you were." he said the last sentence gently, taking me a bit by surprise. 

I was quiet for a second, "Yeah. I would've." I said. 

"Are you okay to talk about why you got so upset about it earlier?" he asked, testing the waters.