Chapter 14

I followed Maya back into the living room and sat back down on the couch. I put my legs back up and tried to keep the thoughts from racing through my head. 

I knew Lucas was my friend. Just my friend. But I couldn't stop thinking about what Maya had said. She was right; he had done some growing up since I'd met him. And we were really close; closer than I was with any of the others. But I could not date Lucas Hunter. No way. Lucas Hunter did not date. And neither did I. 

Lucas nudged my leg to pull me from my thoughts and I looked up at him, "You forced us into watching this. So you'd better be fucking paying attention." he said, sending over a glare. 

I just smirked and stuck my tongue out before turning back to the TV to watch the movie. Lucas and I would stay friends. He was not into me and I was not into Lucas. 

~~~~~~~

The rest of the weekend went by quickly and by the time school rolled around on Monday, I'd nearly completely forgotten about the fact that now the entire school knew I babysat Lucas' little sister. Nearly forgotten, being the key words.

As I passed by people, headed to my locker, I took notice of people staring at me, and whispering to each other as I passed. And most of them weren't very quiet. 

"She's been to his house."

"It's been going on for a month."

"She's probably knocked up by now."

"Do you even believe that he has a little sister? I think it's just a coverup." 

I just rolled my eyes and kept to myself as I reached my locker, brushing off the comments. It's not like they were true. 

As I was pulling my books out Cole and Tyler walked up, surprisingly with Lucas as well.

"Hey Ariel." Cole said, leaning against the lockers.

"What's up Princess?" Lucas asked me with a smirk.

"You haven't heard?" I asked, pretending to be surprised.

He gave me a confused look, "Huh? Heard what?" he asked.

"Oh well, apparently," I said with a smirk, "you and I have been sleeping together for over a month now. Also I'm pregnant with your kid by the way." I said nonchalantly, closing my locker and leaning up against it with a smirk.

Lucas just smiled, "Oh are you now? Boy or a girl? Because if it's a boy I want to name him Lucas junior." He said, going along.

"Not sure yet but we're definitely not gonna name him after you. I think we should name him Sebastian." I said with a smirk, which made him roll his eyes. 

"Very funny. What about flounder? Clara would love that." he said.

"I'm sold. Let's go with that one." I answered. 

"Sick. But what if it's a girl? Do we just stick with Flounder? Go gender neutral?" he asked. 

I shrugged, "I mean we could do Merida. You seemed to think I was Scottish the other night." I answered. 

"I like the way you think Princess, Merida it is." he said, holding up his hand which I high-fived. 

I looked over at Cole and Tyler, who both looked very confused, "What the Hell did I just watch?" Tyler asked. 

"I don't know but can I be uncle Cole?" Cole asked and we all laughed.

"Where did you hear that rumor?" Lucas asked, getting a little more serious.