Chapter Four: The Secret Son

One of his brothers elbowed him which earned a stamp on the foot. "Boys." Nie Yang's voice echoed. They immediately straightened up and Nie Yang stepped out.

His clothes weren't as extravagant as Yi Lian's but they still held an air of significance, almost warrior-like. He was a man in his forties by the looks of it and glaring seemed to be his resting face.

As he approached Yi Lian saluted which he returned. "Sect Leader Yi, it's an honour to meet you. It seems you are rarely available. This must be your first Spirit's Festival as well, don't worry you'll catch up."

Yi Lian offered him a smile, "Your mistaken Sect Leader Nie, I have attended this festival, only it was a long time ago."

Nie Asreal's older brother whispered to Nie Asreal. Nie Yang saw this out of the corner of his eye.

Nie Yang, "Tell me Sect Leader Yi, was this six years ago?"

Six years ago a son of the Yi Sect came of age to participate in the Spirit's Festival. This was the worst Yi Sect had ever done in any Festival ever, bringing great shame on The Sect and Island.

Yi Lian smiled, "Nie Yang, I apologize but you are mistaken again. I participated five years ago."

Nie Yang thought for a moment before inwardly gasping. Five years ago another son of The Yi Sect came of age and joined the event. No one gave much thought to the Sect, thinking it would be like the year before, not hearing much of the new son's appearance.

No one saw much of him. He only came out for the event, hooded too. However, that year was the best for The Yi Sect. The Son took over half of all the winnings by himself whilst the rest of his Sect wiped out another third. They had wanted to congratulate him but he told them he would rather eat with his attendant.

Nie Yang, "I- I never did congratulate you on your victory Sect Leader Yi."

A group of gasps were heard around them as the Sects around them started to remember as well.

Yi Lian shook his head, "I didn't come for prais, only because my late brother asked it of me. It's why I did not come another year."

Nie Yang, "Yet, here you are. How lucky you are to be so young and participate this year with your Sect."

Yi Lian nodded and motioned Lantern to unpack the carriages and bring in the rest of the Sect. "Where should we set up our things?'

Nie Asreal perked up, "Oh! Father, I'll escort them! They're right by our quarters anyway."

Nie Yang had a sudden look of worry. "Don't worry Father, they're quite acquainted, look." Said the younger brother, nursing a foot.

The boy was looking to Yi Vian. Nie Yang's expression grew complicated. "Nie Vian, I see you're well."

Yi Vian stepped out from the shadows and Nei Yang and his eldest and youngest son gasped. The warrior was now as divine as a goddess. "I am, Sect Leader Nie, but my name is Yi now. I hope you are well."

Unable to speak he merely nodded. Whilst they were distracted Nie Asreal leapt forward to Yi Lian, attempting to link his arm but Yi Lian dodged it in a secretive way so as to not embarrass either of them.

Nie Asreal huffed but still led the way into one of the capitals walls. "Hahaha, did you see their faces when they saw Shijie? Who knew Shijie could be so pretty? Nice hair pin by the way, you must care for her to get her such a gift."

Yi Lian, "And why must it be me who got her such a gift?"

Nie Asreal, "Shijie is a soldier. She is beautiful but no man would be brave enough to see her in such a friendly way. Do you think it would suit me?"